Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
MichalL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JessicaP I have 2 base stations One is workin fine with homekit but the other VMB4000 is stuck on discovering. Can you send token reset to that base station? thanks in advance.
Semag102
Initiate
Initiate

Hi JessicaP,

My ARLO is also stuck at the discovery page when trying to add to HomeKit. Can you please send a reset token to my base station?

Thanks

aerys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I followed the instructions you mentioned, cycling power on the base station. After booting up and attempted to setup homekit again the on base station, it is still stuck on “Discovering Your Device” step

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

Please resend me the token.

etblack
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've seen elsewhere that we need to reset the token? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MichalL, Semag102, migman_2001, etblack,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Hi aeyrs,

I've sent a token request to your base station again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

MichalL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks JessicaP! I It worked!

LaseRedGT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received a replacement smarthub and need a token reset please. Thank you!

aerys
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Jessica! This one this time did the trick.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LaseRedGT,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Netkat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but I have reset my HomeKit and cannot get my Arlo base station to HomeKit now.

I’m also getting “Discovering your device. Please wait” please could you send me the reset token?

Thanks

Darren

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Netkat,

Netkat
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's done the trick - thank you Jessica

rickbl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware 1.16.3.4_3614_c289687

4 Pro2 cameras

IOS 14.3

Hello.

Same as many others, my Arlo system (app and HomeKit) have worked great for a long time. Sometime since October, HomeKit stopped working and the system disappeared. It still works fine in both local and remote from the app. I cannot discover HomeKit from the app nor the base station from HomeKit. 

I have tried:

- Power on reset of VMB 4000 and cams

- Delete and reinstall of Arlo app

- Discovery of HomeKit from Arlo app

- Discovery of base station from HomeKit

I noted many successes here by reseting the token. Based on that, could you please reset mine so I can give that a try? Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you .. Rick

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi rickbl,

jschuster
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to re-connect to HomeKit. This used to be working, but I guess something changed. In following the instructions I am stuck at "Discovering your device. Please wait." It appears you can send a token request to my base station that will make it work better upon rebooting.

Can you do this for me? Is there any extra information you need to get from me?

Jp746753
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base is not discoverable when trying to connect to HomeKit.
Can you send me a token reset request to my base station? 
Thanks!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi jschuster and Jp746753,

jschuster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sandiegoglasguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Can I get a reset token. Thanks

Model VMB4000r3
rickbl
Aspirant
Aspirant
deruddre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem

Impossible to connect to HomeKit

Please send me a token reset

Best regards

KhMeRA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem as a lot of people have, Homekit stuck at discovery your device. Please wait..... I found the problem could be fix by resetting homekit token. Could you please send me a reset token for my Arlo base station VMB4000r3?

MichalL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JessicaP  Can you send reset token to my VMB4000 Base station?

Thanks in advance.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Sandiegoglasguy, deruddre, KhMeRA, MichalL,