Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
Michaelheyn
Initiate
Initiate
What can be done to fix this and get past “Discovering your device. Please Wait.”
mkhongk
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here! Very frustrated with the product. Was trying to reach customer service. Spent almost 1 hr on hold and finally gave up and asked for a call back. That was last Monday. I’m still waiting for a call from Arlo. Not working with Homekit anymore - which was the main reason i bought these cameras. Horrible customer service and product not to the standard I expected for what I paid.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi slash128,

Which Base Station/SmartHub model are you having the issue when trying to set up Apple HomeKit?

Hey mkhongk, Michaelheyn,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Jessica, it is the VMB4540. Thank you.

Michaelheyn
Initiate
Initiate
That has resolved the issue with adding to HomeKit.

Thanks.
mkhongk
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you Jessica! The reset token fixed it. I was able to set up Homekit.

Thanks,

Michael

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Any luck resetting my VMB4540, Jessica?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey slash128,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Jessica, it is working again, thank you. I also have a VMB4000. Should that work with HomeKit? If so, would you please send a reset token to that one as well?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You should be able to set up HomeKit with the Base Station or SmartHub that you have 🙂

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, is there something special I need to do with it? When I try to add it I get an error that it is not able to be added. It is on the latest firmware. I am referring to the VMB4000 specifically. The VMB4540 is working since you sent the reset token. Does the VMB4000 also need a reset token, or ?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure to reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

CopilotUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to reconnect my Arlo to Homekit - the process freezes at the detect devices stage. Reading the forums the corrective action appears to be "reset token" on my device. How do I do that? Can it be done remotely by Alro support? Thanks

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I was out there yesterday and tried but it did not work. It was still stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." Did you send a reset token to the second base station?

Stephen_L
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm having an issue setting up HomeKit for my device (VMB4000r3, FW:1.16.3.2_3563_6cd3d19). I've restarted my base station multiple times, but it didn't work. I've seen that the only solution is to get a token reset request. Please help!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Yes, I sent a token request to your second base station. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi CopilotUK and Stephen_L,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

m1jacob
Tutor
Tutor
HomeKit stopped working. Can I get a token reset please?
kenfield
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to get my Arlo Pro to integrate with Homekit since the beginning to no avail.

If a token reset is what's needed I would appreciate one sent please.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi m1jacob and kenfield,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

lupothebutcher
Initiate
Initiate

Good Evening, I have a VMB4000r3 and I am in the same boat. Homekit was working, then it wasn't so I removed it. Now when I try to add it back, I am getting the same Discovering you device... Please send a reset to my system.

Lupo the Butcher
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi lupothebutcher,

lupothebutcher
Initiate
Initiate

That worked like a charm. Thanks for your assistance.

Lupo the Butcher
Ebarnesuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doesn't discover anything for me? VMB4000r3. Worked before then stopped so removed. Now trying to add back. I have taken out power and added back / restarted...