Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit Secure Video

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Hariet
Initiate
Initiate
Hi, I’ve just bought some Arlo ultra 2 cameras, but before I unbox, I’d like to know whether the Apple HomeKit support allows me to store and access recordings using my iCloud secure video storage?
Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@Hariet wrote:
     I’d like to know whether the Apple HomeKit support allows me to store and access recordings using my iCloud secure video storage?

Unfortunately, it doesn't.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hariet wrote:
 I’d like to know whether the Apple HomeKit support allows me to store and access recordings using my iCloud secure video storage?

Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Hariet
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks. It’s a real shame. Back to the store they go. Love the hardware, just not prepared to sign up for another subscription service…
Bison22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Your right.
Arlo’ subscription greed, is turning off
A lot of Apple Home Kit users.
They will move to another camera system like Eufy.
Bertie_FR
Initiate
Initiate
It’s a pity that with an advanced Arlo hub, it’s not possible to access HomeKit Secure Video. I recommend Arlo to change its policy to avoid loosing customers (even if its products are good) and to provide a software update to allow HSV. Please
jdouglas72
Initiate
Initiate

Likewise, will start to take my cameras down this weekend as a result of not having Homekit Secure Video services.  I didn't think it was held out well by Apple HomeKit Accessories that the Arlo system lacked integration with Homekit, simply thought the "dots" represented on the list of cameras were bullet points.  Please be advised if you're looking to buy a home camera system that the Arlo system has significant limitations with Apple Homekit.  Apple should make this more clear in their accessories list.  Eufy, here I come!