Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Device not Discoverable for HomeKit, Needs Reset!

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DreNunez
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not sure what happened and now my Arlo Baby doesn’t sync with HomeKit.

It used to work fine, then it disappeared rom Home app. I did everything I could to restart the connection.

Now the Arlo App won’t discover my camera and neither will the Home app. It works just not with HomeKit, the only device that isn’t.

Please help! I read something about a reset token to fix the issue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DreNunez
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it was! I had to do a factory reset and start all connections all over.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DreNunez,

I've sent a token reset request to your Arlo Baby camera that should resolve the issue. Please power cycle your Arlo Baby by reading more here: How do I power cycle my Arlo Baby camera?.

Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

DreNunez
Aspirant
Aspirant
That didn't resolve the issue. I power cycled the camera, app is up to date, phone is up to date, and on the same network.

I tried through the app still doesn't discover it. I tried through Home app nothing.

I've done everything outside of completely removing the camera. So what's the next step?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What error are you receiving when trying to onboard your camera? When you say your app doesn't discover, did you remove your Arlo Baby camera from your account completely?

DreNunez
Aspirant
Aspirant

There's no error message matter of fact nothing happens.

On the Arlo App - I click on "Homekit Set-Up" the screen comes up that says "Discovering your Device Please Wait" and it doesn't anything.

On Home App - I go to "Add Accessory" and whether I scan the code or type it in, it doesn't bring up the Arlo Baby. 

It's like I can't establish a link between the app and Homekit. I haven't removed it from the account at all. I've only reset it. I'm concerned that if I remove it, I won't be able to reconnect it to the app. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure that your iOS device is on the same WiFi network as your Arlo Baby when setting up. 

DreNunez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am on the same network.

I do have a Mesh Wifi router, I'm not sure if this affects anything but it's the network. Should I remove the Arlo completely? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to be sure, are you able to view your livestream and receive recordings through the Arlo iOS app?

DreNunez
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We'd suggest for you to visit our Support Page and use the chat feature to further investigate your issue. You will find the chat feature on the bottom-right corner in the provided link.

jordanbyron
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having the same issue. Was this ever resolved?

DreNunez
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it was! I had to do a factory reset and start all connections all over.