Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is anyone having issues with the alexa and arlo. Past couple of days iv noticed my alexa echo show now does not bring up camera picture when motion detection is detected. I have a routine set up on alexa app to display picture of my camera when motion is detected and it has now stopped working. Iv reset the hub. Disabled the skill deleted all cameras. Reinstalled everything. Still no luck. I dont even get normal standard notifications via alexa when motion is detected too.
Arlo you need to sort out your game. This is unacceptable.
108 REPLIES 108
JEG-Joel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem and fixed it by rebooting the arlo hub.

Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

ShayneS,

My Alexa announcements are working again.  The notification announcements started working early this morning.

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all your feedback. The notification issue with Alexa and announcing notifications is now resolved. You should not need to re-link any accounts with Alexa. 

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep mine has started to work again after having to reboot the hub.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Tsmith73
Aspirant
Aspirant

When one camera gets set off by motion, Alexa announces "motion detected @ ___ and announcements every single camera I have notifications set for. But only one particular camera sets off ALL the cameras announcements. The cameras do not actually all get set off, just Alexa announces each one in succession after 1 particular camera gets activated via motion.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tsmith73

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Tsmith73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried te-setting the base and deleting and reinstalling all the cameras. The same camera (labeled Front Door) will not turn off with the schedule, either. It still motion activates regardless if the the base schedule is "off" for all cameras. 

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Tsmith73 im struggling to understand what you mean in regards to your issues. Is it announcements your getting via alexa when your camera detects motion with one particular camera. If so have you tried on the alexa app to switch announcements off?

Also Tsmith make sure you dont have any routines set on your alexa app which may be causing this.