Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
VRW
Star
Star
When will the problem with the Arlo cameras be fixed??? Most of the time Alex says camera isn't responding... CAN WE GET THIS FIXED???
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

first make sure it is the camera system and not Alexa....

test via browser at  https://arlo.netgear.com/    ( without Alexa on )

then you will know where the problem is occuring

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
VRW
Star
Star

I have not had problems with cameras using the Arlo app or on the PC only with Alexa Show as others have also noted for the past year or so....

GimmeCoffee
Apprentice
Apprentice

The problem with the Arlo Skill (exactly as the OP reported) is so widely known over in the Amazon Arlo Skill reviews that I find it laughable for anyone at Arlo not to know about this ongoing issue.  The Arlo app works fine with the cameras.  As the OP reported and as I have previously reported here, the Arlo Skill is basically non-functional because it so often fails to show the camera(s) feeds via the Echo Show (and I have two Echo Shows).

This is just about the most ridiculous example of a company not solving a very old, ongoing problem.  Shame on Arlo for not fixing this so oft reported problem by customers who have invested in your products.  Also, if the Arlo Skill is going to be so non-funtional, why don't you just admit it is a failure?  I'd love to use my Arlo Pro 2 cameras with my Echo Show products because it would be very convenient.  But as it stands, the Arlo Skill is a complete failure at doing even the basics of what it was designed to do.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is currently working on a fix that should help resolve the issues reported in this discussion. We hope to have this fix available very soon. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

ColeenMD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to see the camera feed on my Alexa Show to no avail.  I have tried everything and it basically does not work at all.  I have disconnected and reconnected and I only get a message saying “sorry the device is not responding.”  I have spoken at length with Amazon and the Alexa show works perfectly in every other respect.  Initially I got a quick shot of the video but now nothing at all. The fault is in the camera connection.  If it will not work you need to quit advertising that it will.  It would be a huge asset to actually be able to see my cameras without always finding my iPad or iPhone and signing on to your app to see the cameras.  Please try to fix this major issue with connectivity.

nbow674
Aspirant
Aspirant

My echo show and dot will no longer show my arlo camera feed.  The cameras are working.  I get camera is not responding" message.  I have disabled and enabled the skill.  How do I fix this?

GimmeCoffee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nbow674,  the Arlo Skill (for most customers) does not work on the Amazon Echo Show.  It works so intermittently that it is best to just classify it as a failed feature between Arlo and Amazon.  The myriad of negative reviews on Amazon for the Arlo Skill is a testament to just how many Arlo customers have reported that it doesn't work.

I feel for James C. because he tries to get the Arlo development team to be aware of these issues.  The problem is that Arlo as a bug-fixing team allows issues like this to go on for months and years with no solution to them.  I do not recommend Arlo to anyone and am basically the regretful owner of a $1000+ camera system that doesn't work as advertised in several important ways. 

Don't hold your breath waiting for Arlo to fix problems.  Smiley Frustrated