Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
azcrumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo cameras show up in home app for MY account but not my invited family members.  They don't see the arlo hub in the room either.  They can use the cameras in the Arlo app on their devices but I have searched all options and can't determine why the camera doesn't show up for invited homekit members..

Any ideas?

My homekit view is below with cameras.

IMG_A8279A38512E-1.jpegThanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
azcrumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did nothing but wait it out and all my devices see the Arlo cameras.  I did reboot my iPad to get it to see the cameras so I suspect it was a cloud sync issue on Apple's side.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
azcrumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

The home app on my iPad under the same account as the picture doesn't show the camera, either.  

bnewcome
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem for me. I thought it might have to do with the Arlo app on my family devices, but those work fine. It’s odd that a same iCloud account on a different device shows the same problem. I’m curious to see what Arlo says.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi azcrmpty and bnewcome,

Have you tried sharing your home with your family and friends? Read this Apple article to see if that helps: Share control of your home

bnewcome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

Yes, I have followed that article for the other home members.  In fact, they can see my Arlo Baby camera in Homekit, but none of the Arlo Pro and Pro 2 devices.  They can see literally everything in my home except for the Arlo Basestation and the Cameras.  The previous poster mentioned he/she couldn't see the cameras from an iPad with the same iCloud (which means it's acting as the same person).

Can someone on y'alls end look into this and try it out?  Surely this isn't expected.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're still having problems after checking out the article, I would suggest contacting the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh I thought I was the only one having this issue. I completely cleared and did another setup of my home just to try and get it to work. But whilst I can add Arlo to my iPhone Home app, it will not sync the devices to any other of my iOS/MacOS devices. 

Strangely I've also found that when I do add Arlo to my iPhone it seems to break the Homekit syncing completely between devices. So if I add Arlo (which does not sync) and then try to add another Room to Homekit as a test, that Room will also not sync.

azcrumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did nothing but wait it out and all my devices see the Arlo cameras.  I did reboot my iPad to get it to see the cameras so I suspect it was a cloud sync issue on Apple's side.

bnewcome
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m glad to hear some people’s are working. Has anyone got it working on a shared home (aka different iCloud accounts but both with access to the home?)
mastererrob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo baby here, same thing...since adding Arlo to MY phone...my home apps and room additions are not syncing through iCloud to shared family members or devices!...ugh.

mastererrob
Aspirant
Aspirant

How long did you have to "wait it out" ? I've rebooted apps multiple times...there has to be a trigger of some sort?

azcrumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set it up the day before my initial post and posted immediately when it was solved, which is 5 days.  How long have been you working this issue?

bnewcome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

My system eventually came all online on all my devices (and on my wife's shared Home devices as well).  It took a week or so for it to all come online.

Also, to note: I changed the name of one of the devices, and it has only updated on my phone, and not on my other devices or my wife's devices.  There is some sort of weird latency to get things sent to Home if the updates are related to Arlo, but I figure it will eventually all sort out.

mastererrob
Aspirant
Aspirant

@azcrumpty wrote:

I set it up the day before my initial post and posted immediately when it was solved, which is 5 days.  How long have been you working this issue?

Shees, like 2 hours at time of writing, guess I'll give it some time? Hmm would love an engineer to comment on this though, most all other things added to Home are immediate.