Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Able to view livestream on Google new smart displays (Google Home Hub or Lenovo Smart Display)?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor

Is anybody using the Arlo app on any of Googles new smart displays like the Google Home Hub or the Lenovo Smart Display?  I am wondering if it works on any of them as Black Friday is coming and I am interested in one as a possible baby monitor. Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @BuffaloTiger641,

I have the Google Home Hub and I am able to stream my cameras live through there 🙂

BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor

ok thanks. all i need now is confirmation on the lenovo displays since that is the one im looking at getting.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Looks like a user was able to test their Arlo products while viewing on the Lenovo Google Smart Display. You can refer here: (Lenovo) GOOGLE SMART DISPLAY

Zach02
Guide
Guide
I can confirm the Lenovo Smart Display 8" can stream from my Arlo Pro 2.
Now if only the Arlo Doorbell could push the stream to the display.
BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor
We just got the 8 inch Lenovo smart display and Arlo pro 2 baby works on it but does glitch every so often and goes to a black screen and says "Smart Home Camera" which requires us to exit out back to the home screen and go back in. We have the 10 inch display on order and I can report back later after some testing on that one. I have also done some quick tests with the regular Arlo pro 2 cameras and they seem to work. I wish Arlo would work with Google and Lenovo and do a lot more testing to make it work on these smart displays better especially since we really need this to work flawlessly with the baby camera.
lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

If Arlo Pro 2 is working, I wonder if it the problem is only with Alro Pro. Let me know how the 10" does. I really need this to work. Thank you.

BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor
Will do. Should hopefully have it later next week depending upon shipping
giovanni2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all... I am wondering if there is a solution to this problem? 

I have 2 Arlo Pro cameras that I want to be able to view on my Lenovo 8' Smart Display. So far, I can view the cams through the Google Home app on my phone, but cant figure out how to get it to show on the Lenovo. Thanks!

BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor

giovanni2 are you swiping down from the top of the screen and selecting cameras?

I have been using the Arlo Pro 2 cameras and the baby camera on both the 8 inch and 10 inch display. they seem to work about 50% of the time.

Let me ay this first; I have a 1 gig up and a 1 gig down Internet connection from fios with google mesh wifi routers and i'm getting close to those speeds through speed test. I have a cat 7 Ethernet line running into the back of the arlo base station. I shouldn't be having any issues with lag or connections issues to the lenovo displays but i am.

I think the arlo r&d team needs to be testing these heavily on these google smart displays, they are only going to get more popular in the future.

usually what will happen is once they are playing they will play for a few minutes and then almost freeze and go to a black screen saying "Smart Home camera Control" which requires me to exit of of the camera back to the main screen and try to go back into the camera again.

The other issue I will get is a white screen saying "the stream in unavailable from the desired camera right now"

I have also noticed a 20 second lag on the baby camera.

I no have access to any of the controls or settings for the cameras on either display. you are only able to view the cameras.

giovanni2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for youe response....

When I swipe down at the top of the screen, all I see is an icon for "Media"  or "Broadcast". I do not see anything camera related.

giovanni2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, can you please explain to me how you got the Arlo cameras to show up on the Lenovo Smart Display? I have 2 Pro cameras and cannot figure out how to get to see them on this Smart Display. Thank you!

jtomey
Guide
Guide
I am having the Same issue.
Arlo Pro cameras, Lenovo smart display.  I added the Arlo Account in google home, and all I get is a battery icon with an on/off switch.  No video.
Voice commands just return an error.
BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor

To add the cameras you want to make sure you have the arlo app installed on your phone and set up. to add it to google home, open up the google home app, click the add circle with a plus icon in it on the homepage, then setup device, works with google and go through the list to selct arlo. you will also want to go back once thats done and set up a new deivce which is the lenovo smart display. thats what i can remember. hope that helps you