Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Retsalb
Initiate
Initiate

---IFFTT ACCOUNT---
My IFTTT account is set up.  
I have linked ARLO and all other products to IFTTT acount.
I have downloaded and created IFTTT recipes.
The recipes are turned on and active. 
When I "check recipe now" on IFTTT site... "Recipe Checked" and all is green.

---ARLO ACCOUNT---
The camera in the recipe has notifications on

---ISSUE FOR YOU TECH GUYS TO SOLVE (HOPEFULLY)---
When the ARLO camera senses motion... it sends a notification to my phone, but 
the IFTTT recipe does not respond.  I then created other recipes... still nothing.  IFTTT currently works with my Iphone 6s, Hue lights, and Piper security system.  They all talk to each other via IFTTT.  So the only player to this party not chatting is ARLO (NetGear ran out of red cups?).    

Thank you in advance for the advice... my fellow security party people.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just out of curiosity, are all your devices up to date firmware-wise?  Check settings to see if any red triangles exist for any devices.

Retsalb
Initiate
Initiate

Went through Cameras and Settings.  Not seeing any red triangles.  Where would they be normally located?  Also, does the IOS app and the web portal differ for how that would appear?  It would be nice if I could easily see what the most current firmware is... and compare that to my devices.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is what I have for the latest firmware:

Current Wire-Free firmware: 1.2.4941

Current Base firmware: 1.7.3_5005

Current Arlo Q firmware: 1.7.4_5517

You can also check https://community.netgear.com/t5/Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes for release notes which will reflect the latest releases.

The firmware update notifications are noted in Settings, My Devices.  If one or more are needed, My Devices will show the notification.  Clicking on that section will show all your devices as well as which ones aren't up-to-date.  Doesn't matter if you use the app or web - the notifications are the same.

kippers
Guide
Guide

I am having a smiliar issue.   Arlo is triggering on motion and recording, but IFTTT receipe is not running consistently.

burundz
Aspirant
Aspirant

kippers wrote:

I am having a smiliar issue.   Arlo is triggering on motion and recording, but IFTTT receipe is not running consistently.

Me too.

TheRealDaali
Star
Star

It is the same for me as well.  I am trying to chain events (motion detected on wireless triggers, recording or arming on Arlo Q) and the recipes are not working.  They set up and check out fine like normal, just do not work.

EdBish
Aspirant
Aspirant

When the ARLO camera senses motion... it records, sends a notification to my phone, but the IFTTT recipe does not respond.  I then created other recipes... still nothing. 

ambo33
Aspirant
Aspirant
Reviving a dead thread, but same thing happens to me. Has anyone gotten ifttt to work properly?