Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

web site not safe?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
singlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, when attempting to check my video's from my outlook email I get a message thhat the web site is not safe. However, checking with my iPhone, Edge or IE the site works fine. Any idea why? This only started happened today.

warning.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
singlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, no changes on my end. I assumed MS or Netgear had taken action and it is now working without the warning.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
singlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

additional information - The link "Click Here" in the outlook email is https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/ followed by a number string.

mamey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Works fine with Firefox.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like MS is doing something similar to what they did a year or so ago with NoIP.com, a dynamic DNS service. They make a unilateral decision that they don't like something and work to shut it down or otherwise take charge. I suppose it's possible that you can whitelist it in your account - if not, you'll have to take it up with Outlook's support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

singlet,

According to Microsoft, you can report the Arlo link as being a safe website. You also have the option of disabling the SmartScreen filter. For more info see here: SmartScreen Filter: frequently asked questions

JamesC

fraserm1
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I am also seeing this in IE & Edge on Windows 10 PC when I click the link from Outlook.

Anyway, there is also a link where Netgear can click and say that they are the owners of the site - so if anyone from Netgear is reading, maybe that is worth a go too.

Maybe a good opportunity for a Windows 10 Arlo App!?

singlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

This problem is now fixed and Outlook no longer gives this warning.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you do something to fix this, was there an update installed on your end, etc.?

singlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, no changes on my end. I assumed MS or Netgear had taken action and it is now working without the warning.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation