Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
oneofurbest
Follower
Follower

Hi There

Does anyone know if you can track stolen cameras? I have a guy stealing our cameras, even climbing up ladders to get them.

The other day i nearly caught him but he got away, worried he might actually cause harm to my family if i keep replacing stolen cameras.

Given the cameras have serials, can you diable them or track them to a user and report them?

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
AmandaJ
Star
Star

Funny you should say that - I'm having the same issue.  Only my thief took it from my back yard where I keep 3 dogs.  Might need to trade in the dogs.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oneofurbest,

There is no way for you to track stolen cameras. If you haven't already it would be in your best interest to notify the police of stolen property.

JamesC

indyjohn
Tutor
Tutor

I have been thinking of purchasing an Arlo System and having a camera stolen is the only thing keeping from buying.   With current technology there should be a way for blocking that seriel number from working with any other system..  I hope Arlo takes steps to help consumers protect the camreas in future releases. 

tommyjojo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfcking believable!  No tracking of the camera's?  Wait, let me get this right.  You supply surviellence protection and don't keep track of camera's?  Why would anyone buy anything from you?

I wish I knew this sooner

I promise to make sure to tell anyone and everyone that ARLO is **bleep**

tommyjojo
Aspirant
Aspirant

LAME RESPONSE TO SOMETHING ARLO SHOULD HAVE SOLVED LONG AGO

tommyjojo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Or buy a camera from a surveillence company that would keep track of the camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies