Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

security issue with Arlo app??

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

I just had a strange thing happen to my iPhone 5. I noticed there was a small Arlo app icon on the locked screen, on the bottom left hand corner, which I had never seen before. I tapped on it, and the Arlo app launched EVEN THOUGH THE IPHONE WAS LOCKED. From the app, I pressed the home button and the home screen came up, completely bypassing the locked screen. I tried locking the screen several times, and every time I was able to bypass it by tapping on the Arlo app icon at the bottom of the locked screen. After about 10 tries, the Arlo app icon disappeared from the locked screen, and the phone went back to normal. I never changed any settings. Anybody else experienced this?

Iphone 5 running iOS 9.1

Arlo app version 1.8.5

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running Ipad/9.1 and app 185 ...

Haven't seen it , it's a fairly new app version. All of note is that some of the IOS users were having a glitch now on then ( but I thought it was just with the iphone 6 )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
unco
Star
Star

The app icon showing in the bottom left of the lockscreen sounds like Apple's handoff/continuity feature, although I wasn't aware that the Arlo app did that.. I will have to try when I get home from work later.

Were you using the Arlo app on an iPad right before you switched to your iPhone by any chance?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation