Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lag time additional recordings same camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RobbyG
Follower
Follower

Is there a time out on the recording of the cameras after motion is detected before it will record again?

Example after the motion is detected and the cameras record a video...Is there a time period they cut off again before recording the video for the same camera?

Example...I am trying to determine if the Pet Sitter is doing the work.

Camera 1 goes off at 11:34 AM and shows my cat going towards the window at the door (he does this when he has been inside for some time and someone pulls up in the driveway).  I got the 20 second video of the cat's motion.

Then 3 minutes later the at 11:37 AM I get an alert about a second video on the same camera.  Yet there is nothing in the video.  I am wondering if in the 3 minutes the cat sitter opened the door and let the cat out.

Essentially is there a default in the cameras that after motion is detected and recorded, the cameras will only start to record again at 2-3 minutes?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sound more like you nedd to adjust the sensitivity to increase a second capture on motion...

As to the original question, I've seen no more than about 10 sec delay for the next video to start if motion continues ( usu closer for me to <5 sec ).

And as most, the delay from trigger to record can vary. I get about a 2 sec delay to start, some get much more... I know my cat starts motion and depending how quick she moves can be gone from the video in the 2 seconds.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation