Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
UsedTo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got my basic weekly schedule set and everything seems to be fine.  

I've also setup a "I'm on vacation schedule".

Are there any shortcuts to switching between my normal weekly schedule and vacation schedule then back again without reseting each hour of each day of the week.  Can I save my weekly schedule then reload it easily?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, not at this time...you can't save a schedule.

But a good idea for the request area ; here -https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

What I do is just turn off the schedule and then manually turn on all cams when away... this way your normal schedule is preserved.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, not at this time...you can't save a schedule.

But a good idea for the request area ; here -https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

What I do is just turn off the schedule and then manually turn on all cams when away... this way your normal schedule is preserved.

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Interesting idea.  If we can make and save "Rules," and "Modes," it seems logical we could (or should later) later be able to save "Schedules."

But just to comment, after needing to manipulate my schedule every now and then (and coincidentally I have a weekend guest just departing sometime this morning while I'm at work), I've found how utterly easy it is on the PC to simply drag and drop or stretch "on" or "off" modes to fit whatever your needs may be.  Even doing so for the entire week of days takes less than 30 seconds.

UsedTo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks guys, I can now see the light.  I was overcomplicating the scheduling functionallity.  Turning off the schedule then selecting the desired individual mode does the trick. However, somehow I think I still may need the ability to save and manage multiple schedules in the future...

Thanks again for your help,

Newbie UsedTo

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

UsedTo wrote:

Thanks guys, I can now see the light.  I was overcomplicating the scheduling functionallity.  

LOL, I'm pretty sure almost ALL of us did the same thing.  Some ultra sharp folks "get it" I think in 30 minutes, and then there's people -- evidently more challenged like me -- who take up to a week to receive the ephiphany.  Either way it's a classic and fun "DOH!" moment.  😉   Glad you're on board now.

CrystalWalker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought this and last night we scheduled for it to record from 12am-6am and it says it is but not where do find the footage that it record?? Not understanding whats going on this that, Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

CrystalWalker wrote:

I just bought this and last night we scheduled for it to record from 12am-6am and it says it is but not where do find the footage that it record?? Not understanding whats going on this that, Thanks

You do understand it is a 'motion activated' record mode only ...even if the schedule is set, if no motion then no recording.

Recording would end up in the library.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation