Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jimmyzshack
Guide
Guide

ok just got the system today, but i set 2 rules as follows it doesn't work.

rule 1 cam 1 motion record cam 2

rule 2 cam 1 motion record cam 1

The only thing that records is cam 1 on the triger of cam 1. what is the solution to this? I have 2 camera's in the back and i want them both to record if there is motion detected by either one of them

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect that the first rule supercedes the second.  You could test this by swapping the order of the rules.

mikewho
Tutor
Tutor

I have this same issue as well. My rules are set up similarily, but listed in the reverse order:

Rule 1: Cam 1 motion, Record Cam 1

Rule 2: Cam 1 motion, Record Cam 2

I don't think the order matters, because there was one event where Cam 1 detected motion and recorded on Cam 1 (but not on Cam 2), but later that same day (literally 2 hours later), Cam 1 detected motion and only recorded on Cam 2 (Cam 1 did not record).

It almost seems like the system (perhaps at the Base Unit level?) is set up to only record on one camera at a time, which would be ridiculous. Maybe someone from Netgear can confirm what is going on here?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mikewho,

We are currently investigating an issue on the Android client that results in what you are describing. Do you see the same behavior when viewing the library from the web client?

We hope to have a resolution soon in an upcoming Android app update.

JamesC

mikewho
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC -

I can confirm that the web interface does in fact show that both cameras recorded, while the Android interface does not show both recordings. Thanks for shedding some light on this.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

This has been fixed with the latest Android app update from a couple of days ago.

All videos recorded based on a "one-to-many" rule set are now showing in the library when viewed in the Android app.

Also, note that the functionality was not available back when this thread was originally started. So, back then you couldn't even do what we can now. Only one rule could be active per trigger camera at a time.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation