Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

motion test works motion detection doesn't

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jjjddd
Follower
Follower

The motion detection test works  all the way to 40 feet away but it doesn't detect motion when your 5 feet away most of the time. Restarting the base station worked last night but not today. If it detected motion when you needed it to like it does in test mode it would be worth keeping . I've had it 1 day have 3 outdoor cams with great signal . I walk by them to test them and nothing. I put it in test mode and I can't get within 40 feet and its blinking.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jjjddd,

Welcome to the community! There are some tips in the following article for positioning the camera for best performance: How do I place my Arlo camera? You might consider relocating the camera. Different environments sometimes yield different results, it may take some trial and error to find the perfect positioning for your cameras.

It is important to note that you have the correct mode with rules for active motion detection enabled when you want the cameras to detect motion. If they are working in test mode but not recording, it could be due to an inactive rule or incorrect mode.

Regards,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation