Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

motion not working

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Maw01
Follower
Follower

Its 2:30 in the morning and someone is ringing my door bell and motion did not pick up anything.  My old viewzone camera would of got it all.  Very sorry I changed cameras.  I have all motion on both cameras and max on sensitivity.  Sugestions or I am returning it all.

5 REPLIES 5
DarkhorseVRU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Funnily enough mine also hasnt recorded today, ive had builders start this morning and nothing has been picked up on the motion detector. they worked fine yesterday 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Maw01, DarkhorseVRU

Welcome to the community! Do you have a schedule set for the camera that you expected to be recording at the time? It sounds like the rule that tells the camera to record on motion was not active. Have you been able to test if the camera is working now or is there still an issue? Please let me know!

JamesC

DarkhorseVRU
Aspirant
Aspirant

no its perm on but what i realised is theres a maximum of 100 clips per camera only so cleared old clips and it went back to recording again!

if i go on holiday for a week this to me is a really bad flaw with this system,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not aware of such a restriction.  I have recorded well over 100 videos per camera (not per day, though, if that's what you're referring to) with no issues.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned, TMK, there is no restriction as to number of vids per day, only the  max storage allowance.

But if you are doing over 100 records per day , then the batteries aren't going to last long either.

Free/basic allows 1 gb, at 10 second clip ( about 1 meg per ) you have a thousand recording allowed,  It's hard to fill 1 gb as you can also auto delete to the bin.

( settings/system settings/preferences )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation