Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can the signal between base station and cams be blocked and if so how do I stop that?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jo
Tutor
Tutor

I installed this system for a specific reason to keep know "problems" from happening or to prove who was responsible.  I have battled through the set up and got it running perfectly, now when the suspected culprit passes the camera it malfunctions. I  suspect a signal blocker how do I prevent the signal from being blocked?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's interference, there's no way to fix that.  You'd need a wired system to prevent that sort of problem.  You could try to locate the base station closer for a stronger signal or reposition the camera to place it further from the perp but if it's being jammed, all bets could be off.

Jo
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your feed back.   

Jo
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone out there have anything?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think my post above is the best you'll get.  How can you keep a signal from being blocked? Only buy using a technology that can't be blocked.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jo wrote:

Anyone out there have anything?

As mentioned, with the info given, there's not much to reply to... it will either work or it won't.

Not disbelieving you , but in my experience from this type of work, most times people think a "blocking" device is being used on them, it's usu another form of interference.

If you need it to work 100% and it isn't maybe you should consider a hard wired camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jo
Tutor
Tutor

ThanksSmiley Very Happy

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation