Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
skyrex1
Follower
Follower

Have camera set up on airport location to record 'uninvited' after hous visitors...intially was activated by motion about...

??? 50-60 feet away...but, now have to literally walk up to camera to get it to activate...any ideas why and/or what to do?

thanx for info

rex

7 REPLIES 7
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have noticed that since the latest app and firmware update that camera sensitivity is way off what it was, With that said 50' is way out of the design range of 20' that this system offers. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Showguy wrote:

I have noticed that since the latest app and firmware update that camera sensitivity is way off what it was, With that said 50' is way out of the design range of 20' that this system offers. 

Are you using the 'NEW' Modes or your older CUSTOM Modes?

I found the NEW MODES ( ARMED / DISARMED ) contain only default settings for sense and motion...they may have to be re-adjusted

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rhabdo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have noticed that motion sensitivity is terrible now. Seriously only works when directly in front. These (Arlo Cameras) are useless now.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

They have always been suspect to me from day one......

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I agree with Hula, these cameras are always suspect!

I have been lucky with mine so far, my night time schedule for my cameras being the best as I keep them all at 100% sensitivity.

Here's one example.  A very cold night and my daughter was taking out the trash, she wasn't too happy. 🙂

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/C77D1FA8BF734A09

-Robert
Koda25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine will pick up the garbageman driving by 30 feet away but won't pick up somebody walking directly in front of it what's going on ???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual issue is the direction of travel across the FOV.  The garbageman is likely moving across the view while the nearby person may be moving essentially directly at the camera.  Also, the edges of view seem to be more sensitive to motion than the center.  Consider a different angle  (up and down as well as left and right) the get your subject moving across the FOV .

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation