Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Tulley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well this is all ive been getting for the last two mornings until the sun moves behind the house. Absolutely destroying batteries..... taken the motion sensitivity down to 80 but any lower and it stops detecting people/cars in front of the house.
Screenshot_20160524-073704.png

2 REPLIES 2
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

You have a bit too much street in your field of view anyway. You should point your camera down more, so that the upper edge of the frame is maybe just barely touching the sidewalk.

The sun can sometimes play havoc on your motion detection. I have a camera like that too, though at a sensitivity of 80 it behaves. I have therefore a night mode (sensitivity: 93) and a day mode (sensitivity: 80) which I activate accordingly via the Schedule.

If you don't want to lower your sensitivity any more, try pointing the camera down more, as I wrote above.

Or try mounting it upside down. The different orientation of the motion sensor relative to the lens sometimes helps. Make sure you adjust the image in the camera's Settings by checking the Invert Image property.

If that doesn't work, reposition the camera. The ideal positioning is such that it points towards your house, rather than away from it, thus avoiding busy roads/sidewalks in the frame.

Tulley
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply and array of things to try. I like the sensitivity based on time option, maybe I can just tweak it down during sunrise.

My road is Very very quiet so I reluctant to lower the camera as it catches the mother-in-law pulling up outside!