Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

edit mode rules do not see camera in "do the following" pick list

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thecoooch
Star
Star

I just got a replacement camera as one of mine broke.  I synced it with the base unit. I can see the camera is working as I can go live Cameras tab on my iphone Arlo app.  The issue is when I try to set a rule where "if front yard camera" detects mothion to record on "front door camera".  Unfortunaly, the front door camera is new.  It is defined with my other 4 cameras but it does not come up as an option on the pick list to select.  So to summarize the issue.  A newly defined camera does not come up on the rules picklist.   

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera and re-install as new

Settings-Devices- pick cam- REMOVE DEVICE

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
thecoooch
Star
Star

I did that.  No help.  It shows up on the pick list for two of the three cameras.  When I try to integrate a rule with one it doesn;t show it.  Tried remving and reentering both which is a pain because I have to climb a ladder, pull down the other camera, delete it and resync it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a trouble ticket... but I'd not put the camera back up till it works 100% to save you trouble.

Swap the troubled cam with ( one working ) another easier to get at if possible till fixed.

May not like it, but it sounds like a reset of the base may be in order which means a full restart over.... netgear may have a better answer.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation