Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thecoooch
Star
Star

I just got a replacement camera as one of mine broke.  I synced it with the base unit. I can see the camera is working as I can go live Cameras tab on my iphone Arlo app.  The issue is when I try to set a rule where "if front yard camera" detects mothion to record on "front door camera".  Unfortunaly, the front door camera is new.  It is defined with my other 4 cameras but it does not come up as an option on the pick list to select.  So to summarize the issue.  A newly defined camera does not come up on the rules picklist.   

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera and re-install as new

Settings-Devices- pick cam- REMOVE DEVICE

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
thecoooch
Star
Star

I did that.  No help.  It shows up on the pick list for two of the three cameras.  When I try to integrate a rule with one it doesn;t show it.  Tried remving and reentering both which is a pain because I have to climb a ladder, pull down the other camera, delete it and resync it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a trouble ticket... but I'd not put the camera back up till it works 100% to save you trouble.

Swap the troubled cam with ( one working ) another easier to get at if possible till fixed.

May not like it, but it sounds like a reset of the base may be in order which means a full restart over.... netgear may have a better answer.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation