Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Error indicator under settings

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Klepoy
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is a red triangle warning/error indicator over the settings icon. Any idea what this means. If I click on settings, the indicator is above the new camera I added yesterday (which seems to be working btw).

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be the sign that an sw update is available....

check under Settings and that camera look towards bottom of page

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Klepoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. That was it. What threw me off is the fact that all cameras are running the same firmware (1.2.2688) but only one camera had the warning icon. 

Also, just a suggestion, it would help if the warning icon shows up under 'device info' when you click on the camera under devices. This way there is an indication where to look. 

Thanks. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

reboot the base before you go to bed... prob the ( or all ) the cameras will update during the night ( usu about 3-4 am )

Klepoy
Aspirant
Aspirant
So the update button under device info-> firmware does not work? Rebooting the base triggers the update? Thanks.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Klepoy wrote:
So the update button under device info-> firmware does not work? Rebooting the base triggers the update? Thanks.

Well, I've used the button to ATTEMPT to force an update and I have never seen it work right away ( tho it may set a flag for later in the night when the server reaches out for normal house-keeping )

The power reboot of the base just insures the cache/info in the base is clear to prevent any possible problems later ( use to be part of a forced update but since the changes in Dec- jan , it works a bit different and we on this end have less control )

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation