Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

does adjusting the visual image captured also adjust the range of motion sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
carnaval
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a three camera set up for home security in georgia.

The camera view includes some trees in the backyard that often move because of wind.  If i adjust the visual camera image to exclude the trees, will this also limit the chance of the moving trees due to wind setting off my motion detection

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carnaval
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi TomMac - Thanks for the quick reply.  Much appreciated 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

carnaval wrote:

The camera view includes some trees in the backyard that often move because of wind.  If i adjust the visual camera image to exclude the trees, will this also limit the chance of the moving trees due to wind setting off my motion detection

The PIR device (that senses motion ) on the Arlo camera covers the entire view of the lens.  If you crop or shrink the view it does not change the PIR device.

So, basically, the answer is no.

What you can do tho is to 1) adjust/move the camera to eliminate as much of the tree as possible, 2) adjust the sensitivity down a SMALL amount at a time to see if it helps lessen false alerts

Problem with trees are the leaves are a big refector of IR which is used by the  trigger device ( PIR )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ws1088
Guide
Guide

Someone in this forum has tried making a curved shade cover on the top of the camera (like shade of a baseball cap, or like most of the outdoor powered security camera https://www.google.com/search?q=powered+security+cameras&source=lnms&tbm=isch)

The idea is it will block some of the unwanted region from the passive IR sensor, but yet unobstructive enough to allow the camera to record the full view.

zman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

how make the "curved shade", foil?

ws1088
Guide
Guide

Sorry I forgot where I read it. Probably is from this forum as well. I remember the poster use a pvc pipe and cut them into half with an angle.

ws1088
Guide
Guide

Yup that's the post. Thanks alot for the cross-reference 🙂

jguerdat wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Success-Mechanical-Motion-Detection-Zone-Masking/m...

carnaval
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi TomMac - Thanks for the quick reply.  Much appreciated 

carnaval
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great link - thanks to you and the original poster - Astro

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation