Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

disabling one camera at a time

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
zcampagna
Follower
Follower

I have 2 cameras, one exterior and one interior. I would like to set up a mode for when we're home which disables the interior camera while leaving the exterior camera set to all motion on. Is this possible? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can set a schedule to do this as long as the timing works for you. Thus, you can set a rule/mode to activate all cameras for a certain time period and then turn all cameras off (or only certain cameras) with a different rule/mode in your schedule.

ChrisHas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does this disable the interior camera from showing any image, or only turn off the motion detection?

I am looking for a way to disable interior cameras when I am hoem so someone with login rights can not turn on the interior cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If they can log in with administrative rights, the cameras can be enabled. After all, you can do this yourself. You could add a friend without full access so he can't change anything.

Daniel001
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can disable video recording or disable notification but it will not allow both, in other words thier is no way to disable a camera in rules!Why?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation