Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cameras not showing any video status count

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
smsunder
Guide
Guide

As of today, 2-19-16 Arlo app online is not displaying any status or video count however, when opening the library by camera then the videos are displayed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Great news! We have optimized your Arlo media counter to display a count of new media added to your library each time you log in. Our prior media counter implementation displayed a count of ALL media in your library which did not prove to be very informative to most users. This release is our first step in optimizing the media counter. We still have some work to do. 

Currently any time a new recording is triggered by any activity your counter increases by 1. Also you will see your counter reset to zero when you visit the library, or you click on the counter on any of the cameras to go into library.

The Arlo team is committed on further improving this area in subsequent releases.   

Thank you,
Arlo Team  

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully, you've now received the email alert from Arlo indicating that to speed up delivery of notifications and videos to your library the count has been disabled temporarily.

Tibby
Tutor
Tutor

Please re-instate it ASAP. Its my most useful quick chek.

kodpkd
Apprentice
Apprentice

My arlo isn't showing a video count either

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of this issue and are working diligently toward a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

Roger9302
Aspirant
Aspirant

same problem here

nick00001
Aspirant
Aspirant
They told me that they are aware of the problems and they are working on it for two weeks now . One of the customer support staff told me that an update was going to be available last week , when I call back they told me they were not aware of a software update s.
Roger9302
Aspirant
Aspirant
I contacted Nethear today they said they are aware and will notify me when a fix is available in the near future.
nick00001
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am thinking of returning the cameras as they are not what they advertise . Their customer support does not know anything and they give you the wrong information they lie to me .
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of this issue and are working diligently toward a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

Itbehook
Guide
Guide
Any update on this??
Roger9302
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not yet.
Netgear said yesterday is in the hands of engineers
Tibby
Tutor
Tutor
Count is now re-established on my Android App. Thank you.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Great news! We have optimized your Arlo media counter to display a count of new media added to your library each time you log in. Our prior media counter implementation displayed a count of ALL media in your library which did not prove to be very informative to most users. This release is our first step in optimizing the media counter. We still have some work to do. 

Currently any time a new recording is triggered by any activity your counter increases by 1. Also you will see your counter reset to zero when you visit the library, or you click on the counter on any of the cameras to go into library.

The Arlo team is committed on further improving this area in subsequent releases.   

Thank you,
Arlo Team  
williadw1955
Star
Star

I liked it the way it was before, 

Showing the total number of videos in the library,.Man Indifferent

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation