Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Switch on/off motion detection using information about users presence

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pastur77
Follower
Follower

Hi,
I'm evaluating to install Arlo at home for security purpose.

I found very useful to receive a mail when the motion detection system finds something

In my case, my childrens spend some time at home but they come back and go out quite frequently.

I don't want we become slave of the application to turn on or off the motion detection rule every time and I don't want to receive alert when we are at home because it's a false positive.

Is it possible for the base station turn on or off motion detection for us looking for the presence of our phones. I think it can search on the private lan for the presence of group of device with certain MAC ADDRESS o the availability of your app on devices.

If you are not interested in realizing this feature, the ARLO base station exposes an API that allow me to turn on/off and to access to other stuffs so that I can customize the behaviour?

Thank in advance

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right now, there's no way to do this. You have to turn it off and on manually if a schedule doesn't suit.

ertert
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have also been thinking of someting like this. A simple on/off switch. Like an alam panel.

Enter a code to turn on and off.

Would be very usefull.

This could be an accessory. I am sure it can be easily done.

ertert
Apprentice
Apprentice

alarm

Kenlaji
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is an essential feature to make Arlo a 'smart' device and join the IOT bandwagon. Hope Netgear takes more notice!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation