Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
micros01
Follower
Follower

In the process of buying a new camera system and this looks promising and flexible.

But, I need a Windows Phone app, my whole family uses WP and until you have an app for WP I can't buy this product.

When will you release this for Windows Phone??

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, you can still use a web browser on a Windows phone even though there's no app.  

ivork
Tutor
Tutor

This doesn't work on my windows phone. I just get a page to download the apps for the other devices.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a Windows phone but you should be able to tell the browser to use the desktop version. Is Chrome available? If so, that supports the feature and Firefox has an add-on to force desktop.

ivork
Tutor
Tutor

I figured out how to force the non-mobile version of the website but it then requires flash which is not available for windows phone. So, not only is there no app, the website is also not compatible with windows phones. I think I saw this in another thread. Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When using Chrome on Android I get the same notification but the website mostly works - what doesn't work is live streaming. If that's what you're after, yep, the app would be needed.

samot
Initiate
Initiate
It is a real shame that a respected and well known company like Netgear does not spend some of its resources to cater for Windows phone users. A great product should cater for all potential users!
RockerSBM
Guide
Guide

Hi dude 

im in the same boat as you pal.

no windows phone app from most so called big company and im sick of it! been asking for ages! if your bringing out something why do you not make it for all phones? why only make it for 2 out of the 3? windows is the best phone out yet if companys arent making apps for it how can people want one if you dont make a app for it? how can the sales in windows phones go up if your not maikng app for it so more people want the app for it? catch 22! same with nest! hue lights! its endless! 

netgear get your fingers out your ass and make a app! its not hard! WINDOWS 10 EASY! 

quethrosar
Guide
Guide

i want a universal app to.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation