Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Judefilmdez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, Its a Bittersweet I have for this product. I know there's a lot of room for improvement but the most thing im concern is will this version of camera can be up dated for motion sensor zones where you can pick and choose the active spaces? I really dont want to return this product. We live in a city and its hard to miss the sidewalk and I dont want to eliminate that space. We like to see whats going on when we go live streaming. Can this be fix by easy update? or is the hardware not capable of doing that at all?

Thanks for you help,

Looking forward on your respones. 

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, but maybe I don't understand what your asking...

You can pick and choose active spaces now. It is done by creating rules and then modes adding the rules you desire.

Exp; you have 4 cameras  STREET, YARD, KITCHEN, and LIVING ROOM

Make a Mode where the STREET and YARD are active for motion only.

IF your question is about viewable areas of ONE camera to detect motion, then its 1) an aiming situation 2) in the camera settings you can pick tha area of the field of view to see/record ( tho it is static and doesn't eleiminate the entire FOV from detecting motion )

Remember reguardless of the Mode settings, you can view/see any of the cameras also by manually turning on.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Judefilmdez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, You may misunderstood me or I have approach it the wrong way. Lets say I have a camera infront of the house where i want to keep Everything the street, sidewalk, and front yard and there a tree infront of my pourch which i have most trouble with with the motion. Is there any way or future update or is it even possible with the camera to pin point the tree not to triger it besides of repositioning the camera? I know there all this feature of sensitivity and all but it not enough. Ill like to know if i can control the motion sensor directions? is this possible. Something similar to dropcam pro where they use motion detection zone.

Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jsnip  possible with the camera to pin point the tree not to triger it besides of repositioning the camera? I know there all this feature of sensitivity and all but it not enough. Ill like to know if i can control the motion sensor directions? is this possible.

No, you can't adjust the different sections of the motion sensor... it's only adjustment is the sensitivity

Dogle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I appreciate your confirmation that the OPs issue is genuine, but they're asking if anyone knows/thinks the product MAY ever be UPDATED to offer more granular control of motion sensing regions within a camera's view.

I understand their question all-to-well, because the existing solution, an ever-shrinking/expanding square (along with the 'sensitivity dial') is totally inadequate to obtain the results I need.

I'd like to not have to return my product either, but unles Netgear is able to add this functionality via a firmware update (which would TOTALLY be possible if they chose to implement such functionality), I'm afraid they aren't going to work for me (and many others, I'm sure).
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I understand their question all-to-well, because the existing solution, an ever-shrinking/expanding square (along with the 'sensitivity dial') is totally inadequate to obtain the results I need.

I'd like to not have to return my product either, but unles Netgear is able to add this functionality via a firmware update (which would TOTALLY be possible if they chose to implement such functionality), I'm afraid they aren't going to work for me (and many others, I'm sure).

As noted. " the square " picture adjust only effects viewable results it does not change the area covered by the motion sensor.

What your looking for in motion detect is usu done by detecting changes in the cameras pixels,  ie they don't use an IR sensor.

I don't think you'll see this change in Arlo as it would require a full s/w camera re-write/design.

Arlo is a great system, but as with all products it can't fill every need/want....

Dogle
Aspirant
Aspirant
My bad, you're absolutely correct - no wonder it didn't appear to have an effect on motion detection. Ugh. I'm sure they *could* add the functionality, but it would be a major undertaking. Guess it's time to return them.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation