Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why doesnt Geofencing work with my iPhone?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
phattrance
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive been trying to get the geofencing to work for a while now without any result.  I have set the rules in the arlo app and then also activated location services.  What more do i need to do to make it work? As soon as i leave the seleted area nothing happens until i open the app and then edit the geofencing section. 

Im using the Arlo and a iPhone 7 Plus (had the same problem with my iPhone 6 )

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to the specific problem you have, unsure...

But make sure your not exiting the app but swipe out / home button to exit. Let the app run in background.

Also I had to increase my geo-circle as the gps in my unit had some jitter.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
phattrance
Aspirant
Aspirant

i tried both of these without any results. I also have background refresh activated for the arlo app.

Do i need to have any speciall option enabled in the "location services"?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

phattrance,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius.

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC

Kenlaji
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a weird problem. Arlo app is not listed on the invited member's iPhone. Therefore location awareness does not seem to work. Only the administrator's device seems to trigger location based arming.

I tried deleting the app, reinstalling, turning location services off and back on, logging out etc. with no avail. Any suggestions?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kenlaji,

Was the invitation accepted on the iPhone? Are Access rights enabled for that user within the Grant Access settings on the Admin device?

JamesC

Kenlaji
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes - both. The funny thing is hat the app doesn't ask for location awareness if I delete and reinstall.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation