Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DeanRichards
Star
Star

I have set up both mine and my wifes Iphones (Plus 6) and enabled mine and her phone to use geofencing.

Problem is that she does not get a meassge to state when the camera is On or Off (when either close to or away from the camera) but when i try my phone, i get the message.  I have tried her phone with my phone turned off to prevent me getting the message first.

Her phone is set up to receive notifications and also location services is on. (exactly the same set up as my phone.)

Can you please confirm how I can get notifications working on her iPhone 6S Plus.

Thanks

Dean

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No iOS here but I think there have been issues with notifications with recent iOS OS updates.  What phones and OS versions for both your phones?

DeanRichards
Star
Star

Both iPhones are udated to 10.2.1.  My phone is an iPhone 6 Plus and my wifes is an iPhone 6S Plus.

i also noticed last night that when i check the "Enabled Devices" in Geofencing edit mode (on my phone), my wifes phone keeps showing "Unavailable" even though she is logged into Arlo app.

I had to unable both of our phones, save, and then enable again, and save, to get her phone to show In Zone or Out of Zone, but this did not last long as when the app was checked again (after exiting) edit mode, it reverted back to "Unavailable".

The reason I spent $300 was for this function.  Where I live, I am unable to return the camera for a refund so i must get it to work properly and more importantly, reliably, otherwise it is just an expensive paper weight.  

Hope you can assist as I see many people have the same issue with no confirmed and reliable answer.

thanks

Dean

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm going to have to defer to someone nwho actually uses GF or support.  @JamesC may be able to add detail or contact support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here to open a case.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DeanRichards,

As long as location is enabled and the app is running the device should show in zone or out of zone. Consider rebooting the device and try again.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC

DeanRichards
Star
Star

Hi James, thanks fo rthe reply but I have tried rebooting everything many times over. I have tried deleteing and reinstalling and everything inbetween.

I have spent hours and hours and hours seaching the internet and have tried everything that others with the same problem has suggested, but still to no avail.

I am also suprised that Netgear is still hiding behind the "Beta" excuse as this has been out for such a long time now that it should have been resolved. Maybe Netgear needs to employ engineers that understand this type of thing??

Please come up and let me know of a permanent and reliable fix.  As mentioned, I am unable to retunrn the product for a refund where i live so need this fixed urgently.  Very expensive paperweight otherwise as mentioned before.

Thank you

Regards

Dean

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation