Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Weird, the cameras stopped doing motion detections today.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

I noticed nothing was detected and recorded all today with the four/4 camereas due to lack of notifications and e-mails. So, I had to retest Arlo. I think I fixed it, but I still couldn't figure it out after reviewing the settings earlier though. I had my own theories:

1. Last night, I changed names on a few cameras and the base station.

2. Today is much warmer (almost 90F degrees).

Could any of those can affect the motion features to stop working?

I tried rebooting the base station (its power button), disabling and enabling features like cameras and their motion features, checked settngs, etc. And then, things SORT of worked again except the far away cameras (weak wireless signals that can cause blinking orange camera light on the base station). I then had to test the ones that really didn't work, so I made them work again after making 100% for motion rules. For some reasons, they were detecting me when I walked by and moved around far away, but worked close up.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) no it shouldn't as with a name change, all changes are automaticly carried over to the rules/modes and changed there too

2)Possible if very sunny and/or lots of IR/reflected IR overloading the ir sensor ( but not the temp per say )

3)range is stated as

"The Arlo camera can detect motion up to fifteen (15) feet. For more information about motion detection sensitivity please visit How To Adjust Motion Detection Sensitivity.

Thank you for your interest in Arlo!

Christine - Arlo Team"

Yes there are cases where it will work to a longer distance... but these ranges of 15+/- are prob optimum for picking up people.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

1) no it shouldn't as with a name change, all changes are automaticly carried over to the rules/modes and changed there too

2)Possible if very sunny and/or lots of IR/reflected IR overloading the ir sensor ( but not the temp per say )

3)range is stated as

"The Arlo camera can detect motion up to fifteen (15) feet. For more information about motion detection sensitivity please visit How To Adjust Motion Detection Sensitivity.

Thank you for your interest in Arlo!

Christine - Arlo Team"

Yes there are cases where it will work to a longer distance... but these ranges of 15+/- are prob optimum for picking up people.

Thanks. I don't think the range was that far. They are all facing at a tilt like from roof to ground.

KAH
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras have been working great but notification to my cell phone has now stopped after working fine for 2 months. I followed the directions and the settings are correct. Batteries are all about half. Does notification stop to conserve energy? This feature is why I bought this. Please help!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I doubt there's a battery savings to notifications since they're likely triggered by either the base or server.  I'm not clear as to whether you've checked the modes/rules to ensure that notifications are enabled.  Mode tab, choose system, edit your modes and verify the various cameras have notifications enabled.  Also, to be thorough, check your phone's app settings (system settings, not app) to be sure notifications are enabled.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation