Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to live view and recording only 1sec

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
deslee74
Aspirant
Aspirant
After updating to the new software, I can't use the live view and the motion recording only record for 1 sec instead of 10secs. Anyone got this problem and are there any solution?
22 REPLIES 22
deslee74
Aspirant
Aspirant
By the way, I'm using iOS 9.2 and andriod 5.0. All having the same problem.
nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

I have mine set for 15 seconds, and it's recording 19 seconds. Why, I don't know.

deslee74
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now my cameras are rendered useless after the so-called upgrade. Can the support do something on this?
McFlurry
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem since the update, no live view an no motion records. I've already removed all the device an reinstalled, still don't work. I hope there will be soon a solution.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Has anyone placed a trouble ticket?  That's the official way to get support.

Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

I work for NETGEAR. We are aware that there is a minor issue with the system recording an extra four seconds. We have a planned fix for this issue that we hope to have available at the end of next week. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention and ask for your patience as we resolve the issue.

I checked with our engineers and we have not seen the reported issue with live view and recording for only one second. If this behavior persists, we encourage you to contact our support team for professional troubleshooting and resolution. Thanks for sharing your concern with us!

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I had this 1 second manual record problem a couple of days ago so restarted the base station. It has been ok since but I do not often record manually.

deslee74
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have performed reset on my router, base station and cameras. Still the same issue. Everything is working fine until the latest software update.
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary
Might not help but try starting and stopping a manual recording both with the record button, that's what I do now, ie don't stop with the pause button.
deslee74
Aspirant
Aspirant
The problem is there is no live video streaming at all.
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I would send Negear a support request email to look at your problem for you. In the meantime my last thought is to try setting the recording duration in your rules to say 15 seconds to see if it "resets"the timings.

McFlurry
Tutor
Tutor

I had to reset my base and reinstall all the devices, now everything works fine.

deslee74
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have perform reset of my base and reinstall, still the same. May I know what exact steps you took to get it work?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset the base be sure to use only the reset button now. Does that make a difference now?

McFlurry
Tutor
Tutor

I've reset the base and then removed it, maybe its better first remove the base and then reset it. Then just go thru the normal installation for the base and then ad the cameras. This was the solution for my problems.

Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

We have just released base station firmware v1.7.1_4638. This firmware should eliminate the extra four seconds of recording some customers experienced. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues. Thank you for the feedback you provided that helped us identity and resolve this issue.

deslee74
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still facing the same problem, cannot live view and recording. Will need to send my set to the service centre.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure live viewing, etc. is necessarily a hardware problem.  What firmware versions are installed in your devices? Are you using the app or browser?  What version app? What browser? Have you tried the other method as well as a different browser? What steps have you tried to troubleshoot?

deslee74
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using the latest firmware v1.7.1_4638 (just updated today). I have tried all the methods like reset, reinstall and remove my apps also. I have tried different apps from ios, andriod, laptop browser chrome, ie and firefox. All have the same problem. I'm give up on trying other method. This all happened when they upgrade the software to version 2.0
deslee74
Aspirant
Aspirant
I even setup a new account using a another email, still cannot solve the problem.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

deslee74,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. Feel free to send me a private message if you have an additional questions or concerns.

JamesC

Nifer
Luminary
Luminary

Deslee74 -

I agree with JamesC. Since this new firmware did not resolve your issue, I think it would be faster and more successful for you to work directly with our support team, thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation