Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
safezone
Aspirant
Aspirant

When is Arlo going to fix the windows software glitches? The counters still don't work correctly. They show the number of vids then suddenly all revert to 0.  In the middle of reviewing vids they stop loading. You click on one and it says "Loading...." and hangs. No amount of time will allow it to finish loading. Then, once you leave that screen the rest of the vids just disappear. One day, it works just fine and the next day it's nothing but problems. I'm running Windows 8.1 and high speed internet. I have four cameras on the "free" system and they all have the same problem on the windows platform. The phone app seems to work fine. 

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The video counters show the number of new videos until you visit the library. That resets the count and is by design.

As for the "Loading" display, I find that logging off and back in usually helps.  If not, try a different browser - does that one work properly?

SunDog
Star
Star

I have this same issue using Chrome on Windows 10. The videos are all still showing in my library but with blank thumbnails. The counter on the "Cameras" page is also 0.

I can open a new tab and the videos reappear but I can only watch EXACTLY 6 videos before it happens again and I have to use another new tab.

Using the Windows 10 Edge browser does not appear to have this problem (or at least it's not running into the same limitation).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Odd - I use Chrome on W10 with no issues.  Could be a specific add-on that's causing problems so you could try starting Chrome with all extensions off to see if that helps.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

there are so many variables in computers with all the add-ons, the easiest thing it to find a browser from the supported ones and stick with it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
safezone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why would you arbitrarily reset the counters to 0 just because a visit was made to the library? That might be fine if you have a single camera but it's not very helpful if there are multiple cameras in use. It didn't work that way before we lost the counters. 

As for logging out and back in, that's hit or miss. I tried this morning and when logging back in all I received was the bird clocking at login (yea, I think Arlo gave me the bird on purpose). That locked the screen. 

Chrome is supposed to be a supported browser, I have a total of two extensions loaded both of which are Norton security. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most of the problems appear to be related to flash... imo

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

safezone wrote:

Why would you arbitrarily reset the counters to 0 just because a visit was made to the library? That might be fine if you have a single camera but it's not very helpful if there are multiple cameras in use. It didn't work that way before we lost the counters. 

As for logging out and back in, that's hit or miss. I tried this morning and when logging back in all I received was the bird clocking at login (yea, I think Arlo gave me the bird on purpose). That locked the screen. 

Chrome is supposed to be a supported browser, I have a total of two extensions loaded both of which are Norton security. 

1) The counters are per camera, not global, although all reset to 0 when the library is visited.

2) "Locked the screen" - are you saying the app froze?  Did you try a force close?  I've never had the app freeze on me (a sample of one - many others may have different experiences).

3) Chrome is supported but not with any extensions.  Did you try my suggestion to start in safe mode with no extensions to see what happens?  Other security packages have interfered and required settings to allow proper operation of Arlo - perhaps this is another.

SunDog
Star
Star

I switched over to using Firefox for reviewing (and typically deleting) videos and the same issue happens except that instead of after six videos the threshold is apparently much higher e.g. in the 40-60 range.

Refreshing the page puts everything back. Still, it's annoying so I'll try MS Edge next.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SunDog,

Can you provide a bit more clarity on the issue you are describing? Is the issue only occuring on the Firefox browser?

JamesC

SunDog
Star
Star

Hi James,

Every couple of days I review the videos in my library. On Chrome, I can watch exactly six videos with no problem. But after the sixth, the thumbnails in the library view are all blank, trying to watch a video just says "Loading..." but never plays. Changing days, going to other pages (e.g. Settings), etc. does not change anything. None of the functions that show video work, including Live camera view. I have to refresh the page for it to work again.

WIth Chrome, it is exactly six videos. I get the same issue using Firefox except that the number appears to be much higher but it still has the same behavior.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SunDog,

I have tested this and have not been able to replicate the issue you are describing. Do you have the latest version of Chrome installed? Do you see this behavior on other devices?

JamesC

SunDog
Star
Star

HI James,

I have the latest version of Chrome (50.0.2661.94 m) just updated now (I also had the latest as of the time I originally reporting the issue).

Same results. Videos stop showing up after playing and deleting exactly six videos.

Here are the exact steps:

1) Go to Library to a day where there are more than 6 videos.

2) Repeat the following

2.1) Click a video to start playing

2.2) Click Delete on the video playback window.

2.3) Click DELETE on the confirmation popup

2.4) Click OK on the sucess popup

3) After doing this for 6 videos, the library page looks like this:

Capture.JPG

Trying to watch any of these videos just sits with "Loading..." and never comes back. I have to refresh the page for it to work again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I hadn't picked up on the deleting part before. Try watching videos without deleting and see what happens. You can mass delete afterwards as at least a workaround.

SunDog
Star
Star

If I don't delete I can still only watch 6 videos before I have to refresh the page.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Weird. Got nuttin' for ya...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SunDog,

I have followed your steps above and still am not able to replicate the issue. Is this occurring for you on any other devices or is it just one device?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation