Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Updated App has even more Bugs/Glitches

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Emilies2005
Tutor
Tutor

I've found the app to be VERY slow to send me alerts, and then the app takes forever to load once I have received an alert.

I updated the App yesterday, and now the delay from the camera sensing motion to sending me an alert is EVEN LONGER than before.  Is anyone else experiancing this delay?  Also, videos are not saving now that it's been updated.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't say, but I guess you mean the new Android updated app...

And to answer the question, I have not seen any changes in how the Android functions on my phone..seems fine

( btw, in future, it helps to say what phone/device, what OS version, and what app .... the tech guys do read this and try to dupe problems but without info it's useless )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

The update kept the app running constantly in the background today. DRAINED my battery extremely fast. Had to force stop it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's not normal. I've had no issues with the new version on 3 devices. Maybe a phone reboot or app reinstall would help.

demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice
My concern is that it is also requesting caller ID and caller information from my phone.....not interested in this update if arlo is able to access my phone via backdoor software updates. If so these will quickly go onto ebay
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emilies2005,

I have not been able to replicate the issues you describe after the app update. Videos not "being saved" or appearing in the library sounds like you may have the incorrect mode set. Check your modes to make sure the correct mode is enabled. Are you still seeing this behavior? 

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation