Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
CandiceWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

So we've had our 4 camera Arlo system for about 2-3 months now, so far for the most part it has worked great. But for about the past 2 weeks we've been having trouble with the cameras picking up motion and recording at night. They used to pick up every car or person that went by at night but now sometimes they wont even pick us up when we go out to walk the dogs. The cameras have not been moved from where we've always had them. We have cleaned them, replaced the batteries in them and even re-booted the base station in hopes that it would help but no luck. They all record great during the day and live streaming works fine day or night. They are just not picking up motion and recording at night anymore. Any suggestions?

18 REPLIES 18
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

snip. Any suggestions?

It could be the trouble many are saying with the latest s/w update for the cam/base... Not saying it is but you say nothing else has change.

I would write down you current settings for the sensitivity ( so you can go back ) and re-adjust same to get it back to your normal usage.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
apostlefw
Star
Star

There is a dog that keeps on using the bathroom on my yard. I had positioned one of my cameras to video taped the neoghbor's dog but the camera is not recording in the night. 4 straight days the dog pooped and there is no recordings at all. These camera are worthless

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

apostlefw wrote:

There is a dog that keeps on using the bathroom on my yard. I had positioned one of my cameras to video taped the neoghbor's dog but the camera is not recording in the night. 4 straight days the dog pooped and there is no recordings at all. These camera are worthless

Not necess usless,... the sensitivity setting and field of view for the PIR must be set for the aprox subject you want to catch in order for it to work at its best.

Sometimes it takes a trial and error in setup

apostlefw
Star
Star

this is the fifth straight day when I had to pick up the dog poop on my yard and one of the dogs knocked over my sensor light as well. The Arlo cameras are not doing their jobs. I had one representative on level 2 adjusted my cameras for me. Nothing at night

PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

You obviously have a setting incorrect.  Go to "Settings" and uncheck "Pee" and then check the "Poop" box.  That should take care of it...lol

apostlefw
Star
Star

Pure ignorance. Have a nice day

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Having a tech adjust your camera over the phone is just like putting it near the factory settings.

My cams run from 60% to 92% depending on location...As I said it's a trial and error for the best motion capture.

apostlefw
Star
Star

Arlo needs to take accountability for their actions. You should not need a tech or a college course to figure out why these cameras are not working properly.The bottom line is the cameras are not working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the cameras aren't working, get them replaced with a trouble ticket.  If it's positioning or settings, you have to do this by yourself.  And there's always the possibility that your specific needs/capabilites are outside of the design parameters of this system.

SeizetheDay
Tutor
Tutor
Same trouble here. I have done everything as instructed, re-set, all settings are correct and I have wasted entirely too many days trying to get this camera to work properly. They are just garbage. I am so much more
Happy with my Piper system,
Unfortunately Piper doesn't make an outdoor camera. Hopefully they will soon!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SeizetheDay,

Consider increasing your camera sensitivity within your rules. For instructions on how this is done, see here: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

qcpol
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same exact problem with night recording not working. During the day it works perfectly but the camera doesn't seem to be detecting at night even though I am standing at the same position at night as I was during the day. I don't think this has anything to do with settings since everything works fine during the day
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

qcpol,

Do you have a schedule set? Check to make sure the appropriate mode is active during the night hours when you are having trouble.

If the correct mode is set, are you seeing this behavior on more than one camera? If it is just a single camera behaving this way, consider swapping locations with an unaffected camera to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

Baileyw1221
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why will my night vision not switch automatically during the day, it is super bright in my house but for some reason the camera will not switch from night vision mode to regular.... help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it could be a hardware problem, more than likely it's just where the camera is pointed.  Post a screenshot.  Also, try moving the camera temporarily to outdoors or another location with good lighting to see if it remains in B&W.

Baileyw1221
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_6596.PNGwhen i saw it not turning off, I turned the night vision off in thd settings..

Baileyw1221
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_6596.PNG

Jtray
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same experience with one camera that is mounted 15 or so feet off the ground. My other camera is lower at 10 feet or so and works fine. I am going to have to find a lower mounting place😐
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation