Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
StevieB54
Tutor
Tutor

The thumbnails on the library used to be of the trigger point of the video but now they seem to be of several seconds into it and ususally miss the initial motion.  Is there anyway to set that back to the trigger point?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StevieB54,

Are you saying the thumbnail is not the actual beginning of the video? Is this happening for all of your videos? Are you seeing this behavior across all devices?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've noted the same thing over the past year. It's not the first frame perhaps because some videos have less than clear images when starting up. Just a guess. My videos probabhave a clip from 1-2 seconds after the clip starts.

StevieB54
Tutor
Tutor

Yes to all of your questions.

StevieB54
Tutor
Tutor

Moderator,

You never followed up on my response to your response.  The thumbnails seem to be about 2 seconds ointo the clip and in my case long after the triggering event has passed through the field ofo view.  It used to be easy to view the thumbnails and see what triggered the cam.  Now you have to looka t each clip one by one, a real time consuming PITA.  Also my video clips vary in length fro 1 sec. to 10 seconds even though I have it set on 10 seconds.  What's up with that?  And another thing, when I login and try to send support an email it says the page is not available.  Isn't there a way to contact anyone from Netgear to answer some of these issues without having to pay for them?  The Arlo support is disappointing to say the least, is it the same for all Netgear products?

sb

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StevieB54,

There are several different free options to contact support on the Arlo Suport Center page. Please click the provided link to take a look at these.

After reviewing this with the Arlo team, the thumbnail corresponding to the frame a few seconds into the video is intended by design. I can see how it may be useful for this thumbnail to be displayed at different intervals and encourage you to make a post on the Arlo Idea Exchange with this suggestion!

Thank you for your contribution!

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation