Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule + motion detection + push notification

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
japper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 cameras set to record on motion with a schedule from midnight to 5:30 a.m. No problem there. I would like to received a push notification when there is motion just like you get when the camera is "armed," but I cannot figure out how to do that in the schedule mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
japper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for you patience.  With your help, I finally got it right.  Seems like it is much more difficult/less intuitive than it should be.  I guess there is a trade off between having an incredibly easy initial set up and a fairly complicated customization.  I appreciate your help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't do it in the schedule.  You set it in the mode you're using.  Edit the mode and turn the notifications on.

japper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but I don't see a way to acheive this through the "armed" mode or through "custom" mode.

I want to record and be notified of motion only during certain hours, and I would rather schedule that than have to arm and disarm every day.  When editing the "armed" mode, I do not see the option of setting a schedule.  What am I missing?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

japper wrote:

Thanks, but I don't see a way to acheive this through the "armed" mode or through "custom" mode.

I want to record and be notified of motion only during certain hours, and I would rather schedule that than have to arm and disarm every day.  When editing the "armed" mode, I do not see the option of setting a schedule.  What am I missing?

If you want to be ONLY send alerts during certain hours you have to set up 2  Custom MODES for each sets of cameras.

exp;

First MODE would be " CAM 1,2,3 with alerts "

Second MODE would be " CAM 1,2,3 without alerts "

All settings in the above modes would be the same EXCEPT in #2 the alerts would be off.

Now use the first mode in schedule where/when you want alerts and the second mode in schedule where you don't !

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
japper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still don't think this gives me the  solution I want.  

My goal is to have both my cameras armed and set to notify me of motion between midnight and 5:30 a.m. every day.  Going through the four options under "mode" I do not see one that allows what I want.  In "armed" and "custom," I do not see any option for setting a schedule.  In the "schedule," I do not see an option for push notification.  Your previous response did not make sense to me.  Can you simply explain step by step what I need to do?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you actually editing the modes? Inside the Mode is where you get to change notifications, recording time and sensitivity.  Mode tab, select system, edit the Mode using the pencil icon. You will not find settings when editing the schedule nor will you be able to schedule via the Mode. It's two separate operations - one to set the Mode up and another to set the schedule.

japper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - I am editing the modes.  That is not the problem.  Your answer implies that I must be able to select "schedule" and another mode like "all motion on" at the same time, but that does not work.  You can select only one mode at a time.  Is it possible to have a phone call to to talk through this?  Or, just walk through the best steps for me to be notified of motion between midnight and 5:30 am.   

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

japper wrote:

Yes - I am editing the modes.  That is not the problem.  Your answer implies that I must be able to select "schedule" and another mode like "all motion on" at the same time, but that does not work.  You can select only one mode at a time.  Is it possible to have a phone call to to talk through this?  Or, just walk through the best steps for me to be notified of motion between midnight and 5:30 am.   

You just have to get it in yr head that you need to make new Custom modes first... Once you have made them, then go to Schedule Mode and use them in the time slots wanted when setting up the schedule ( they will appear after created for use )

Click MODE, click edit pencil in schedule, click add, click the ">" symbol on the current mode line and the available modes appear.

SO...

there are the default 2 - Armed & Disarmed.

First read this thread on how to make a new modes ;  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-and-define-Modes-amp-Rules/ta-p...

Leave the ARMED mode alone so it's always there to look at and compare to

Now create a new Mode ( call it ALERTS ON ) which is a copy of Armed... where alerts are on

Then make a second new Mode  ( call it ALERTS OFF) with alerts are all off

Yes, you can only run ONE mode at a time, But once you've done above and created 2 modes, you simply run ALERTS ON during time you want the alerts and the other in the schedule when you don't

( as a ps... it the wanted time goes thru midnight, you have to break the sched into 2 parts; up to midnight and then next day after midnight as it won't run thru midnight )

Morse is faster than texting!
japper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for you patience.  With your help, I finally got it right.  Seems like it is much more difficult/less intuitive than it should be.  I guess there is a trade off between having an incredibly easy initial set up and a fairly complicated customization.  I appreciate your help.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation