Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The schedule function doesn't work.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
HS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I clearly have it set in schedule mode and the cameras should be motion on now.  But they are motion off.  I had this problem before.  It went away somehow.  I just updated the app on my phone and now this problem is back.  

I have to say, Arlo, if anyone is actually reading this, that I find your softward really buggy.  It is a pain.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry to say but it's probably not buggy software that's causing this.  While it could be firmware-related it's more likely that you simply haven't set your schedule properly. You should have at least two rules (all motion on/off) plus any others you created.  Then in Modes (just above Rules in Settings) you should assign those rules to modes.  Then set the schedule by dragging and dropping via a web browser and adjust times appropriately.  It seems that some have had issues when times somehow overlapped so verify the times of each segment you configure with the ones above and below.  Hopefully that will solve your issues.

HS
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I didn't change anything from last week when this function was working properly.

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi HS,

Is the "running man" icon set to color green on the "All Motion On" mode?  Make sure that the check mark on the "All Motion On" mode is set to color green as well.  

It would be best if you could post screenshots of your Rules, Modes and Schedule.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

HS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I got the motion on, but now it should be off and it isn't!  

See, it is 13:22:

Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 1.22.18 PM.png

Mode says schedule is operative....and schedule shows motion off currently, right?:

Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 1.22.05 PM.png

But motion is on!:

Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 1.22.18 PM.png

HS
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is an all motion off rule?  The rules are for recording and sending videos...but when I have the mode to all motion off it should not record.  And schedule should control which mode the cameras are in?  So, I don't see how your response is accurate or helpful.  And besides, like I said, I hadn't changed anything. 

nhann
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi HS,

It could be that your mode "All motion off" has motion checkmarked green. Please make sure they are marked black to indicate motion off.Capture.PNG

Also, this may be an issue with the time zone set on your Arlo base station.
In the Settings tab, select "Base Station Settings", then select the appropriate time zone.

Please let me know if you need further asssitance.

Regards,

NhanN

HS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, not the issue....

Checkmark is black.  

Time zone is correct and the camera view shows the correct time as does the schedule, but the cameras are not responsive to the schedule. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Maybe the Netgear Server or your ISP is having a hiccup.. that's why it's not so responsive.. To make sure that your settings is set the way it is.. I recommend when you're done setting up .. make sure you "SAVE" .. and once you're done.. Log-out and Log back in again and see the settings if they're set.. What I sometimes do on mine is restart "Base Station" and just re-adjust your "Motion Detection Sensitivity" coz' it goes back to default.... Sometimes you think they're set the first time but bcoz' this system relies on internet you'll never be guaranteed If there's Server or ISP issues.. Especially when you get "Connection Time Out" or other error msgs. when setting up then there's a chance your settings is not saved.. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I have some instances where my previous settings were still remembered and overriding my recent one.. I have to do restart my Base Station a few times to get my recent settings to kick in.. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation