Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Viewing images from two base stations/accounts

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
edandjake
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to figure out how to view my four cameras located on two base stations.  The solution posted works for PC viewing-how about on the iPhone?  Also, can a 'friend' be registered on two accounts and view cameras on both (potential workaround)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

edandjake,

When adding the friend to the account did you grant them rights to view camera & associated images?  Once the friend account has been accepted, if you click on the name of the friend you will have options to allow them to view cameras.  

granting friend rights.jpg

Make sure you see the green check marks and be sure to save.  Do this on both accounts and you should see all four camera feeds from both accounts.

Hope this helps!

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

edandjake,

If I follow your question correctly, you have base station A with 2 cameras attached and base station B also with 2 cameras attached and you're wanting to view all cameras from stations A and B collectively on each station.  You could, as you suggest, friend the account associated with station A with station B and vice versa.  This would allow streaming all cameras on both stations.  This should also be true for the iPhone app.

Alternatively, when subscribing to the Elite Plan you can manage up to 3 base stations on a single account.

Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

edandjake
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks--yes, that's my question.  I tried your suggestion but when logging into either account, I can only see the two cameras for the account I'm logged in to.  Would it work to 'friend' a third account that does not have a primary system?  Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

edandjake,

When adding the friend to the account did you grant them rights to view camera & associated images?  Once the friend account has been accepted, if you click on the name of the friend you will have options to allow them to view cameras.  

granting friend rights.jpg

Make sure you see the green check marks and be sure to save.  Do this on both accounts and you should see all four camera feeds from both accounts.

Hope this helps!

JamesC

edandjake
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect!  Neither account had gone through the whole 'accepting' process.  The cameras had been checked but it wasn't enough.  Once I accepted both invitations from the accounts on the PC, all four cameras are visible from either account.  Very helpful!  Thanks so much!!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation