Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
markk96
Follower
Follower

Ask you can see here in this video.  It barely caught the face of this guy and did not get him until he was at the door.

https://youtu.be/3j2j9b5pm1g

8 REPLIES 8
RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah....its a known issue with these camera's. If it wasn't for the wireless aspect, most would have returned this system but I'm trying to make it work. 

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

WOW !!!!!  I would send your video into NASA !  Your camera footage proves that wormholes do exist!  I too caught the use of time travel via a wormhole!  Interesting enough, this is the FIRST TIME my system "almost worked" as advertised.  My video shows a large UPS truck appear out of thin air, more amazing is that the UPS GUY is walking away from my front door without catching him walk up my driveway.  Clear use of a wormhole !!!!

[video]

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

So I have a camera pointing directly at my driveway. It catches just a glimpse of the street. This thing will not record someone getting into their car (in my drive way) but if a car is passing by and the camera catches just a tad piece of their tire, it records the motion. What the heck?????

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

RegDawg wrote:

So I have a camera pointing directly at my driveway. It catches just a glimpse of the street. This thing will not record someone getting into their car (in my drive way) but if a car is passing by and the camera catches just a tad piece of their tire, it records the motion. What the heck?????

welcome to my world ....

Turbo14
Star
Star

This is EXACTLY my experience.  I have mine set up similar to what you described.  My street is just barely visible at the very top portion of what is in view.  The bottom of a tire (of a car traveling down my street) will trigger it to record, throughout the day.  However, I have to walk up, from any direction, and get about four to five feet away before it will detect me.  I have tried many different angles and have adjusted the height.  This is by far the worst on the one camera covering my driveway.

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wonder if its a defective camera?

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The camera is not defective, the systems design is defective. Look around the forum. Your not alone in what your experiencing. 

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

I experience the same behavior, exactly. Why of why aren't they doing something about this or at least let us know they are working on it?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation