Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

System Useless after Update

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MitchTPA
Guide
Guide
After this latest update my system is rendered useless. I am using iOS app and will get a motion alert however there are no videos in my library. Also, I can no longer view live video and do not have an option to record live video. I have restarted everything with no luck. Would have been nice to know this wasn't working while I was out of town for two weeks. Beyond frustrated after the cost of this system. Any netgear folks on here have any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
MitchTPA
Guide
Guide
Also, my library only shows December, no mention of January.

Anyone want to buy a 4 camera (paperweight) system?
MitchTPA
Guide
Guide

So i've spent half the day troubleshooting this thing with no luck.  I tried all of the following individually and still cant use my system.  I reset my entire network, I deleted all of the devices from my profile, i did a hard reset for the base station and I added a camera back to the system. Basically I started completely over, Still nothing.  I also logged into my profile on the web to see if the videos are captured there, it still says no recordings.  The camera will trip and send a notification to my phone, also indicating a video (1) in the bottom of the app, however when I click on it and go to the calendar, there is no video. Also, I can still not see a live video, the video screenshot it shows says it is from 7 days ago. I've checked the video duration (30), etc. and still have $500 paperweights.  Can someone please assist before I smash this garbage?

FW Version
1.7.0_4546

HW Version
VMB3010r2

iOS 9.2 Iphone 6s
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That much time should have had you initiating a trouble ticket. I can't be sure but it sounds like a hardware problem to me. If it's happening to multiple cameras I'd think it would be the base. If only one camera, think camera.

MitchTPA
Guide
Guide

Thanks Jguerdat, I tried to initiate a ticket via email however when I attempt to login after clicking on "send us an email" I get an error message.  Convenient huh?  Sure as heck not going to pay to call Netgear.....  Also, everything was working beautifully prior to the update, I cant imagine it would be hardware, but you may be correct.  I'm hoping someone from Netgear or someone in the know will chime in.

MitchTPA
Guide
Guide
I finally reached Liz at Netgear who worked with me for a long time to troubleshoot this. It appears there may have also been an update to my router at some point which enabled the router as an access point, which apparently conflicts with the latest changes in the Arlo software. At this point I have one camera added back that appears to be working. I will add the remaining cameras asap and report back for anyone who may be experiencing the same issues. Thank you to Liz at Netgear!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation