Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
ArloNewbie
Follower
Follower

What browsers are supported and what is the minimum version I can use to view my arlo cameras?

10 REPLIES 10
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello ArloNewbie,

When using a PC to view your Arlo cameras be sure to check the list of supported Internet web browsers below. The following browsers are qualified to work with the Arlo web application:

• Internet Explorer 10 or above
• Firefox 3.5 or above
• Safari 3 or above (Except on Windows and Linux)
• Chrome

This list may be expanded as we implement updates to the Arlo Smart Home Security system. 

Thank you for your interest in Arlo!

Arlo Team

Obiwantoby
Guide
Guide

Among other things, you guys should use HTML5 video tags rather than requiring flash.

Thanks.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I cannot seem to get videos feeds in SeaMonkey v2.32.1 in my very old, updated Windows XP Pro SP3 machine. How come no Internet Explorer v8.0 and v9.0? 😞

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I noticed Linux/Debian's Iceweasel v36 (their version of Firefox) and SeaMonkey v2.32.1 (same Gecko engine as Firefox's) web browsers also can't get video feeds. Also, Mac OS X 10.8.5's SeaMonkey v2.32.1 worked fine. And yes, they all have the (lat/new)est Flash player plugins installed. 😞

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I just tried brand new Firefox v36.0 and SeaMonkey v2.32.1 web browsers and their Flash v16 installations in a clean, updated Windows XP Pro SP3 VM to test. Same results, but new Chrome installation worked fine. What's up? Does Netgear Arlo's video feeds (live and recorded) not work in Windows XP Pro SP3 and Linux/Debian even if the web browsers are supported?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ant wrote:

Isnip... Does Netgear Arlo's video feeds (live and recorded) not work in Windows XP Pro SP3 and Linux/Debian even if the web browsers are supported?

guess not...  as you tested it. 🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

ant wrote:

Isnip... Does Netgear Arlo's video feeds (live and recorded) not work in Windows XP Pro SP3 and Linux/Debian even if the web browsers are supported?

guess not...  as you tested it. 🙂

The web site shouldn't rely on OSes. Web browsers, OK. 😞

bobcat53
Aspirant
Aspirant
What's the best Android web browser to use? I upgraded from a galaxy S3 to S5 and now I cannot login to my arlo account login.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've used Chrome on all my Android devices running at least 4.4 KitKat with no problems. However, I have to log out and back in to get everything to work or it stalls. Not sure why, just that it does.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Firefox is working for me... logs in fine every time

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation