Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
marie7474
Follower
Follower

Why can't I keep old software version?

why do we have to update to something that does not work ?

19 REPLIES 19
Kuodruk
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem, the new version doesn't allow me to open the app in my old phone. It's there a way to change it back to the old one? 

The other thing is, that is not in spanish. Any chance that you update that to?

Thanks.

nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

what is going on is unacceptable. It looks like Netgear Arlo are trying to develop a new app that combines the original product with the new Q product. The problem is that the updated app is not finished meaning that customers who have purchased the original product now have a product that does not work properly because the updated app is not finished. for example the battery icons are missing on the updated android app but they were present on the previous version. This is unacceptable and customers should demand their money back.

tivoboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Concur... really can't imagine how such a developed company could mess up software development and QA so badly.  loss of functionality, forcing customers to migrate with very limited warning and to provide no current work around till the new app is finished.

very poorly managed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

marie7474,

The update must be installed in order to utilize the changes made to the new Arlo interface. We value the feedback posted here and are taking all of your concerns into consideration. We encourage you to post any issues you may have.

The battery indicator is still available on the web ui. We are aware of the missing battery indicator on the mobile app. We are working on a fix that will be provided in the next release which will be available in the very near future. 

JamesC

Jaspersmom
Tutor
Tutor
I can no longer delete videos from the mobile app after doing the update. My husband can do it from his phone. I have Samsung S5 and he has the NOTE 4. We both have our separate sign on to the App. What happened to my functionality?
RMJR
Tutor
Tutor

New app force closes when choosing video quality on iPhone 6+

rbrignac
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem. It seems I will have to buy a newer phone to down load the new app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jaspersmom,

I have been unable to replicate this issue on a Samsung Galaxy S4. What android version are you running?

RMJR, rbrignac

Please consider reinstalling the Arlo mobile app to further isolate the issue. Let us know if you continue to experience this issue.

JamesC

RMJR
Tutor
Tutor
I uninstalled and reinstalled on my IPhone 6+. The issue is still there. When I attempt to change video setting the app force closes. I'm going to try and delete, restart phone and reinstall.
RMJR
Tutor
Tutor
Deleted app, restart, reinstall app doesn't help. I can invert the image on the same page without issue.
coavant
Initiate
Initiate
This new update sucks. Give me my old version back. When I hit mode button it will just say getting status forever so I cannot turn motion on/off. Then it forces close when i hit each camera setting. I reinstalled the app AND reconfigured and reinstalled the base unit and cameras. Nothing changed. It works fine on my computer but doesnt work on my S6 phone. I also lost a lot of setting change options. Like record time amount on each camera on both computer and phone
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

coavant,

Are you having any issues accessing other menus on the app or is it just the modes menu? What phone/os version are you using?

Some features were moved with the last update. Camera rules are now located within modes. You can find recording length by navigating to Mode, click the pencil icon for the mode you want to edit, click edit on the rule you want to change and then click the pencil icon next to Record Video. This will allow you to change the length of your records. Be sure to click save after any changes made to commit the changes.

JamesC

tivoboy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Really really don't like the requirement to update the app, remotely.. always a bad idea. if something goes wrong. Couldn't use the current app, even though I had unchecked the box to AUTO APPLY UPDATES.. Once I did, I could access my cameras again, while remote and far away (counting on this system to give visibility into security, packages being delivered, guests coming and going, etc), but some of the issues others report are clearly there. SLOW to switch to video. Many things are not in the same place, or easy to get to - like how to turn motion on/off easily. There are several modes that seems to NOT apply to original ARLO cameras, and yet they are there for ARLO customers/users so that makes things confusing and cumbersome. I think the motion activation is not real time as it was before. When I came home, it was nearly a minute before I received notifications. I'll have to test this more now that I am back, but introducing delays into the system is never good.
RMJR
Tutor
Tutor

Any other suggestions for force close on iPhone and IPad when choosing video quality setting? I was really hot on this system until this update caused issues. Is there somewhere else I should report this moderators? 

ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice
JamesC, the same thing happens on both my 6s plus and my iPad Air2.

"New app force closes when choosing video quality on iPhone 6+"
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

RMJR wrote:

Any other suggestions for force close on iPhone and IPad when choosing video quality setting? I was really hot on this system until this update caused issues. Is there somewhere else I should report this moderators? 

As always, creating a trouble ticket is the best way to get official support and raise awareness.  In your case, a workaround is to use the web browser until the app is fixed.

saint_e
Initiate
Initiate

I am a new user and am really upset at the changes to the UI. It seems features have been eliminated without considering the impact on the user. I am specifically talking about the Recycle Bin. When I first looked at the features, I thought this was a good fail-safe for user error.

This is a step backward - definitely especially since the update came without warning. This is not good customer relations!!!

tivoboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, everything takes more time, time for the app to locate cameras, time to get a live view and time for the camera to register and send alert notificaitons.  Not really sure why everything had to get worse just to add the Q cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The new updates haven't caused any noticeable increase in lag for my cameras or notifications. There certainly have been a lot of complaints about slow notifications, etc. so there's obviously a problem but it's not universal.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation