Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Software rules that will cause multiple cameras on one network to record when1 camera senses motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jerryh1987
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am setting up 2 cameras opposite one another (more or less facing one another) in a large space. I would like both cameras to record if one of the cameras senses motion. This will give me to 2 angles and greatly reduce blind spots.

This seems like a simple software modification. Allow rules whereby IF [select camera] senses motion THEN [select camera(s)] record. Then you specifiy the recording length and other parameters.

I think this would greatly improve the usefulness of this system.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jerryh1987,

This can be done by setting up a custom mode.

If you have cameras A and B your rules within the custom mode would look like this:

If camera A detects motion, record on camera A

If camera A detects motion, record on camera B

If camera B detects motion, record on camera B

If camera B detects motion, record on camera A

For more information on creating cusom rules, see here: What are Rules and how do I create them?

JamesC

JamesC

jerryh1987
Aspirant
Aspirant

The custom rule does not work for me. Never does it give me an option to record on a different camera from the triggering camera. In other words, when I do it, Step 9 from the linked instructions for creating custom rules (the step that allows you to activate a camera different than the triggering camera) does not exist.

Is this because I am using Arlo Qs?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jerryh1987,

This feature currently is only available for use with Arlo Wire-Free devices. It is not a feature available for Arlo Q or Arlo Q Plus.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation