Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jerryh1987
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am setting up 2 cameras opposite one another (more or less facing one another) in a large space. I would like both cameras to record if one of the cameras senses motion. This will give me to 2 angles and greatly reduce blind spots.

This seems like a simple software modification. Allow rules whereby IF [select camera] senses motion THEN [select camera(s)] record. Then you specifiy the recording length and other parameters.

I think this would greatly improve the usefulness of this system.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jerryh1987,

This can be done by setting up a custom mode.

If you have cameras A and B your rules within the custom mode would look like this:

If camera A detects motion, record on camera A

If camera A detects motion, record on camera B

If camera B detects motion, record on camera B

If camera B detects motion, record on camera A

For more information on creating cusom rules, see here: What are Rules and how do I create them?

JamesC

JamesC

jerryh1987
Aspirant
Aspirant

The custom rule does not work for me. Never does it give me an option to record on a different camera from the triggering camera. In other words, when I do it, Step 9 from the linked instructions for creating custom rules (the step that allows you to activate a camera different than the triggering camera) does not exist.

Is this because I am using Arlo Qs?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jerryh1987,

This feature currently is only available for use with Arlo Wire-Free devices. It is not a feature available for Arlo Q or Arlo Q Plus.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation