Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EKKG
Follower
Follower

Even at 100%, sometimes I have to get within 10 feet and wave my arms to get it to detect me. This is unacceptable, I'm using this for security and now after almost two months, it's a false sense of security.

This system has a few fatal flaws, if you lose internet you've got nothing, but more importantly is the ability to sense reliably. Tonight, the weather is rain, 60 degrees, melting snow all around creating some low lying fog.

Is the weather causing the problem? My batteries are the originals, but indicate fully charged on all four cameras. This system was a lot of money, can't say I would recommend it. It's too bad, the concept is great, but it fails to live up to the description.

2 REPLIES 2
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That has been an issue with these cameras from the beginning.

Do you plan on keeping these cameras, if you are still within the return date, returning maybe your best option.

If you plan on keeping them, the only thing you can do is play around with the placement.  Now it won't be 100% but you should get adequate recordings of the subject(s).

-Robert
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EKKG,

As RobertRosal suggests above, it could take some trial and error to find the perfect position for your Arlo cameras. Take a look at these tips for positioning your Arlo cameras for best performance: How do I place my Arlo camera?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation