Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
REI
Tutor
Tutor

I am using Arlo for a construction project Im currently working on. This project will be going on for more than a year. It would be great if you could add a feature that would allow me to schedule the camera(s) to automatically take a picture at certain points during the day. For example, I would like to be able to place markers on the schedule at 11:00am and 4:00pm and then have the camera(s) turn on a take a picture at those selected times. This would be great for eventually putting together a timelapse of the project over a year's time. 

Thanks - Peter

9 REPLIES 9
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Can't be done. You need a different camera system.

It amazes me what people expect of a security camera system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could set a schedule to take 10 second videos at those times as long as there is movement going on - maybe set the schedule for 30 minutes or more to help ensuring that a video is captured. You could then use software to snip a still.

Alternatively, there's lots of camera timers out there that can do the job.  Select a timer that will work with whatever camera you want to use.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

This might be a good idea for future Firmware Update.. I don't see why it can't be done.. 

REI
Tutor
Tutor
Schorschi, of course it's possible. This is a feature request thread. Like JPC said, it could be done in a future firmware update.

Jguerdat, thanks for the suggestion.
cruicky
Guide
Guide
This seems like a fair request and does not amaze me at all.
What if you want a still picture at the same time every day to confirm staff attendance? Or an elderly relative is being given their dinner? Or a record of what stock is on display at the start versus the end of a trading day at a jewellery store? Or any number of reasons where an automatic still is required instead of video.
I look forward to a firmware update to add this feature. AC
Buddy123
Aspirant
Aspirant

If the power is deliberately cut to a netgear system and the router, guess what?  The still camera still works.  So why can't users configure it to shoot a still every 10 seconds.  IT WORKS after the router and netgear station have been shut off and turned back on to avoid the perps detectiion.  Please install auto stills they will apprehend someone who is trying to hurt me.  And yes, I have been to the police but they require photographic evidence and a simple flip of the breakers kills it unless you activate auto stills.  THE STILLS RESUME WORKING WHEN POWER IS RESTORED!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A simple solution to power outages is an inexpensive UPS/battery backup.  Plug the modem, router and base station into it and there's no break in operation.

AUto stills is a whole 'nuther ball o' wax...

Buddy123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that and guess what?  I have the same problem.  I always get "connection Failed" and no videos when I know stuff is being stolen from my home.  Yesterday, Ricotta cheese was maliciously poured into my kitchen drain,which was  coovered by an Arlo camera and there is no reportr, no push, no nothing-yet I have a full power source backup and have changed my passwords on distant computers so a keystroke utility will not allow access to delete my files.  Can Arol send me all deleted files (manually) in the past 7 days as I have not deleted any?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men in the Devices tab for your cameras gray or black? Gray means disarmed. What mode are you using? Are all cameras set to detect motion and record? Can you live view and manually record? You can try a remote restart of the base using Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart button at the bottom.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation