Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
rip999
Aspirant
Aspirant

My iPad Air (latest iOS and earlier version) saves my user name but will not save my password. It works fine with my other MACs with OS X El Capitan, saving both the username and password. 

Why won't my iPad save the password. It's a real annoyance having to remember the pasword every time I want to check out my cameras (hey, i'm 70, and remembering anything is a challenge) Man Surprised

It the problem I'm not doing something correct for on my iPad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Aware that if u don't log out via profile ( swipe to main screen or second prom) that the password isn't needed.

Just that previous version so SW didn't wipe the entered password on the login page when you did exit that way........ Making an entry required.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Same here on my Ipad v3....

Since the ARLO SW update to support finger print ID'ing the ipads lost the saved password.

rip999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info TomMac! Man Very Happy

So, will ARLO SW be able to return the ability to save the password as well as finger print ID'ing? Seems like millions of iPad owners which don't have fingerpring IDing got screwed. Guess my input to friends asking, and looking closely at the wireless Arlo, I'd have to point out the annoyance of unable to save the password on an iPad and may apply to an iPhone and any other smartphone which lacks finger print IDing. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rip999,

The app will auto login unless you are specifically logging out (Settings > Profile > Log out). When closing the app normally it should auto log back in when launched.

JamesC

Wehttam
Guide
Guide

It will autologin you automatically each time. TouchID is just for extra security if you need it.

If it always requests login/password on app launch (make sure you don't logout from Settings->Profile), try to delete the app and install it from App Store again.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Aware that if u don't log out via profile ( swipe to main screen or second prom) that the password isn't needed.

Just that previous version so SW didn't wipe the entered password on the login page when you did exit that way........ Making an entry required.

henrydav
Aspirant
Aspirant
Every time I log into ARLO it forces me to re-enter password. Why can't it remember? Also, the fingering the feature doesn't seem tow work. How to set that up? I just see a sentence "log in with Touch ID" but unable to do so
henrydav
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm ising iPhone 6.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

henrydav wrote:
Every time I log into ARLO it forces me to re-enter password. Why can't it remember? Also, the fingering the feature doesn't seem tow work. How to set that up? I just see a sentence "log in with Touch ID" but unable to do so

Just don't log OUT... swipe or use the home button to exit.  If you do exit via the settings menu, you also will not get pushes !

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

henrydav,

It sounds like you need to set up Touch ID on your iOS device first.

For instructions on how to use the Touch ID feature on your Arlo mobile app, see here: How do I use iPhone fingerprint authentication to automatically log in to my Arlo app?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation