Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Fawn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

How do you change the length of time the camera records once it detects motion?  Mine, for some reason, is set to record for 1:55 and that is too long as it merely keeps recording cars that go by.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, choose system, edit your mode(s). All settings are in there.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, choose system, edit your mode(s). All settings are in there.

Fawn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found it. Thank you very much for the help. 

bosshoss350
Aspirant
Aspirant

RE: How do i change my record times?                                                                                     

I go to mode, click it.  It opens and the only thing there is my serial number w/ "Armed" in gree on the right, nothing else.  When I click that SN bar it opens a page with four bars, Armed, Disarmed, Scheduled, All motion on.    Green bar in the middle below those "Add a Mode"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Generally, create a new mode rather than editing the default ones. In this case, though, you can edit the Armed mode and just check it out without changing anything. Record time, sensitivity, and notifications are all in there.

bosshoss350
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now I found it  Thank You........

rking3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will it work if I edit the armed mode to record a certain amount of time, but put it on the scheduled mode to be armed around my schedule?

When I create a new mode, it does not allow me to create a schedule with it, only allows to edit armed sensitivity and recording time etc...  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

rking3 wrote:

Will it work if I edit the armed mode to record a certain amount of time, but put it on the scheduled mode to be armed around my schedule?

When I create a new mode, it does not allow me to create a schedule with it, only allows to edit armed sensitivity and recording time etc...  

Not sure I quite understand.  Any mode, either one you made yourself or the default Armed one, can be scheduled.  You don't schedule a mode while editing that mode but by editing the schedule once the modes are set up as you like.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I think you're doing something wrong and/or misunderstanding the concept of the scheduler and modes.

After you create a custom mode and define rules in it, you edit the Schedule, press the “+Add“ button, select your custom mode and the other scheduling parameters like weekday, start and stop time.

You then activate the Schedule on the Mode page and your mode(s) will automatically be activated at the programmed times.

You can override the Schedule by manually selecting a mode on the Mode page. That mode will then be active until you select another mode or put it back on Schedule again.

So: first create your modes, then edit the Schedule to program when what mode is to be active. Any time where no mode is active means your system is disarmed.

Only one mode can be active at any given time.

Phillipr
Tutor
Tutor
I find the camera settings to be hidden away which can be quite frustrating. I think the app needs an overhaul to make it more intuitive.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Phillipr,

We are always listening for ideas on how to make the Arlo app more user friendly. I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post your ideas there so that they get proper exposure.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

LA17
Aspirant
Aspirant
Set motion times on all cameras but 2 cameras only record for 2 or 3 seconds when set for 60 seconds. Why is this happening? It shows when open cameras motion for 60 seconds but only records for the 2 or3 seconds? Please help
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Are you using the default Armed mode and editing it? Try creating a new custom mode and define all rules from scratch. This usually helps.

If not, a reset of base station and cameras is probably a good idea. To reset a camera, simply open and close its battery compartment. The base station has a recessed reset button.
royaschroeder
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can no longer find a "Settings   Rules" section in the on-line UI so I am no longer able to adjust the length of a recording.

Please fix this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rules haven't been in Settings since late last year.  Use the Mode tab, select your system and edit your modes/rules there.

Shawn23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the infoSmiley Happy

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
An Arlo camera in a property that was unusually meant to be empty last night, sent a push notification last night, no recording in the library. Two of the cameras though set to record have the length of recording slider greyed out and will not allow me to adjust them. Oddly, they are the 2 cameras at the entrance to the property! They appear to have been accessed or disabled before. How do i adjust the length of recording rule and prevent this from happening again?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You probably need to restart the base to regain control.  No idea why that would be needed but perhaps the notification was a glitch in the system and the inability to set the cameras is another symptom.

Freddy112178
Tutor
Tutor
How do you change the time on the recordings. Mine is only 10 seconds.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the FAQs here for how to do things like this.  Use the Mode tab to create and/or change settings.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation